staton (Offline)
  #1 11/29/08 10:53 PM
Any idea who won?
Barney (Offline)
  #2 11/30/08 12:35 AM
Mother nature:wink
21sprint (Offline)
  #3 11/30/08 11:07 AM
From hoseheads it sounds like the promotor won to,here is a couple of quotes from there

I would have to say that I agree after driving 2 hours and burning $150 worth of diesel in the truck we find out (unannounced before hand) that the car would now have to pay an additional $50. I was not happy about it. However thats part of racing and I let it go we all know that this sport cost money, sometimes lots of it, so I got over it and payed my $50 to race. We then set in the rain and dirtyed our cars packing the racetrack so that we could RACE. Unfortuantly mother nature saw things going differently and would not coorperate. When the race was then cancelled I assumed this would be like any other race in the country where if you do not get heat races in, then you recieve a refund on your pit pass and entry fee, so I proceeded to the pit gate to get in line (with everyone else) who was apparently thinking the same, only to find out that they had no intentions at all of giving us a refund. Like I said this is a SPORT and most of us relize that it cost money, But this is not about money, its about general principal! We are often refered to as a "racing community" and thats how we like it, we're friends and neighbors that participate in a sport together and Im not sure about anyone else, but tonight was not how I like seeing friends and neighbors in my "community" treated. I felt we were all taken advantage of by not being notified of the $50 car entry fee ahead of time and then not being refunded our money when the show was not a sucess. What saddenes me even more is that I see this race forever being tarished because of the greed of a track owner. After spending several years building this race up so that it is now paying a decent purse and having an excellent car count (there was literally no where to park in the pits) that because of one persons greed that many of these cars including mine will no longer be attending this race or any race held at this track in the future. There is always a big struggle between the track promotors and drivers about purse and pricing, Its sort of a give and take relationship, tonight at springfield raceway was a BIG TAKE and I just hope that the promotor realizes what hes doing and withdraws his previous statements and simply does the RIGHT thing for our "community"!

Yea it was a bunch of B.S. this guy is lucky he didnt have any trouble, i was surprised to see as many people walk out of that place without bothering to stop and ask for their money back. He charged each car $50 and then he charged each person entering the pits $35, so every driver had to pay AT LEAST $85 just to get in there and watch the rain and snow come down then he made more money off of the crew members.

I made sure before we left today to see if there were any changes on the website and there were none. Did anybody know about the $50 cover charge?

It just amazes me that this guy can basically steal about $35,000 from people and go home and sleep. I know for sure that next time this guy promotes a race that i will NOT be there.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #4 11/30/08 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by 21sprint:
from hoseheads it sounds like the promotor won to,here is a couple of quotes from there

i would have to say that i agree after driving 2 hours and burning $150 worth of diesel in the truck we find out (unannounced before hand) that the car would now have to pay an additional $50. I was not happy about it. However thats part of racing and i let it go we all know that this sport cost money, sometimes lots of it, so i got over it and payed my $50 to race. We then set in the rain and dirtyed our cars packing the racetrack so that we could race. Unfortuantly mother nature saw things going differently and would not coorperate. When the race was then cancelled i assumed this would be like any other race in the country where if you do not get heat races in, then you recieve a refund on your pit pass and entry fee, so i proceeded to the pit gate to get in line (with everyone else) who was apparently thinking the same, only to find out that they had no intentions at all of giving us a refund. Like i said this is a sport and most of us relize that it cost money, but this is not about money, its about general principal! We are often refered to as a "racing community" and thats how we like it, we're friends and neighbors that participate in a sport together and im not sure about anyone else, but tonight was not how i like seeing friends and neighbors in my "community" treated. I felt we were all taken advantage of by not being notified of the $50 car entry fee ahead of time and then not being refunded our money when the show was not a sucess. What saddenes me even more is that i see this race forever being tarished because of the greed of a track owner. After spending several years building this race up so that it is now paying a decent purse and having an excellent car count (there was literally no where to park in the pits) that because of one persons greed that many of these cars including mine will no longer be attending this race or any race held at this track in the future. There is always a big struggle between the track promotors and drivers about purse and pricing, its sort of a give and take relationship, tonight at springfield raceway was a big take and i just hope that the promotor realizes what hes doing and withdraws his previous statements and simply does the right thing for our "community"!

Yea it was a bunch of b.s. This guy is lucky he didnt have any trouble, i was surprised to see as many people walk out of that place without bothering to stop and ask for their money back. He charged each car $50 and then he charged each person entering the pits $35, so every driver had to pay at least $85 just to get in there and watch the rain and snow come down then he made more money off of the crew members.

I made sure before we left today to see if there were any changes on the website and there were none. Did anybody know about the $50 cover charge?

It just amazes me that this guy can basically steal about $35,000 from people and go home and sleep. I know for sure that next time this guy promotes a race that i will not be there.
who is the promoter and where and what kind of racing???????????
skids59 (Offline)
  #5 11/30/08 12:24 PM
27 midgets 33 winged sprinters 44 B-modifieds 60 A-modifieds At least 10 different states represented Lasoski and others. I had a buddy pull there to race his midget said the same basic thing as previous post. Go figure. HO HO HO Merry Christmas!
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #6 11/30/08 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by skids59:
27 midgets 33 winged sprinters 44 b-modifieds 60 a-modifieds at least 10 different states represented lasoski and others. I had a buddy pull there to race his midget said the same basic thing as previous post. Go figure. Ho ho ho merry christmas!
what track? Whos the promoter?
staton (Offline)
  #7 11/30/08 12:55 PM
I was so close to going to that race and now Im glad I didnt
21sprint (Offline)
  #8 11/30/08 12:59 PM
It's a 1/4 mile dirt track in Springfield,MO
21sprint (Offline)
  #9 11/30/08 1:17 PM
This is the add the about the midget part of the show

2nd Annual " Turkey Open Wheel Classic" at Springfield Raceway in Springfield , MO.
Saturday, Nov 29, 2008. .

OMMS Midgets will join winged 360 sprints and modifieds in what promises to be an excellent opportunity to burn those Thanksgiving calories.

Springfield Raceway is a high banked 1/4 mile dirt track located just off Interstate 44 at 2110 N Westgate Ave.

Hot laps will start in mid afternoon with the goal of completing the event by 7:00 pm to beat the cold weather.

Pit Gates Open @ 12:00 Noon
Grandstands Open @ 2:00 PM
Hot Laps @ 2:30 PM
Racing @ 3:00 PM
Pit Passes $30.00

Any midget or UPRIGHT mini sprint (13" wheels/ bladder/no wings) is legal. All midgets must use the same RR tire in Heat Race and A Feature. RR must durometer 36 or harder. Tires will be marked by OMMS official in staging prior to heat race. Any car who changes RR tire before A feature must start tailback. If a dash or semi feature is needed those cars will be allowed to run another tire but must put the heat race tire back on for the A feature.

Midgets $500 to win, $50 to start.

Directions: From Interstate 44 take exit # 75 ( 160 west, Springfield/Branson Regional Airport, Willard, West Bypass) Go South 1/10 mile at exit. . Turn RIGHT on W Kearney St / Mo-744W toward airport. Go 1 mile to Westgate Ave / Farm Road 123 Turn LEFT on N Westgate . Track is 2/10 mile on LEFT.

This is a great chance to tune up before the indoor racing season starts or have one last hurrah before the car goes to bed for the winter.

For more info call Dustin @ 417-741-7815 or 417-259-2815 (cell) or email to pr.ozarkmountainmidgetseries@yahoo.com.

360 sprints $2,000 to win, WOW rules I believe. Contact Sprngfield Raceway for Sprint Car and Modified info.

(If you notice,it was 30 for pitpass,it went to 35 and 50 to bring the car into the pits)
jdull99 (Offline)
  #10 11/30/08 1:24 PM
Where was all this information on Hoseheads?

Having been aware of the weather, increased costs, and my own excuses, I made the final decision about 8PM Friday night, to not go. Sure glad I did not!

Can anyone post the entry list of midget drivers?

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)