Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tate Martz
8/24/08, 9:55 PM   #41
Re: Tate Martz
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Glad to see that Tate's OK. He's a good racer, and its unfortunate that he's not racing at another level. He's good enough, but the pocketbook might not be deep enough???

If TG wins the championship and retires after this year -- like he said he would if he did -- does that change anything? My guess is probably not.

Jim Morrison
I have a feeling after today that he has a pretty good shot at racing at a higher level next season. Money is an issue for so many this year. Tate is one I would put my money on.

Even if he did retire, I don't trust anything he says, I won't be involved. Too many things were said last night and it was really obvious what the agenda is. I like the history of the club and what it stood for. I wouldn't sponsor them again unless they cleaned house and we all know that won't happen. I wish them the best.

8/24/08, 10:08 PM   #42
Race Fan

Apparently there must have been a separate race at the same track on the same night.I saw two young guns driving the wheels off of their cars and the #19 car got his left side tires down on the flat part of the track and it shot him back up into the #22.A racing accident!!Nothing more and nothing less.And by the way #19 is a rookie.I hope Tate is O.K. he is a very good driver.His father and car owner are also great people to be around.

8/24/08, 10:10 PM   #43
bgbrd

Sign Your Name:O:

8/24/08, 11:18 PM   #44
midgetracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
FTR, Sandy and I are not the same person. The only thing I am trying to do is make people aware of the unnecessary risks they are taking racing with these guys. I'm just saying what a lot of people are afraid to say publically, since I'm getting a lot of PMs and phones agreeing with me.

Racing is dangerous enough without this nonsense. I miss the real racing that club had. It's sad no one has what it takes to step up to the plate and do the right thing.

You're right. Racing is dangerous and is not to be taken lightly! I've been around UMRA for a long time and I don't ever remember it being this bad. I've seen a lot of good friendships destroyed......and for what? I've seen a lot of good people run out of the club.....and for what? My hope is that in the new club we can get back to remembering that it's just a sport/hobby and it's supposed to be for fun. The friendships are way more important than having your name in a book!

8/24/08, 11:28 PM   #45
racephoto1

I have followed the TQ's a long time, but have dwindled down to a couple of shows a year due to ********.At one time it was a great little club, but team green ruined that. They use intimidation as much as ability.

It was a shame Terry didn't last when he came up , he actually had ability at one time. It just doesn't work when you try to bang your way to the top.

I hope the new series works, there are more then enough cars in garages to fill a couple of fields. Good luck !

8/24/08, 11:45 PM   #46

Glad to hear tate is ok! I sure hope he bring hat red rocket back to the little 500 next year.

STP you are going to be a brand new series, I don't care how many people say they are going to support and run your events, it means nothing until you complete your first season. If 40 people tell u they are comeing, smile when you see 25 in the pits. I think you will gain much more respect in the raceing community if ou get rid of the bad apples by enforceing your rules. In the grand skeme of things you can not deny that the golfs sell tickets. i know people that go to every single race at rushville just to boo theses guys or to make fun of them when they make the rare mistake.

8/25/08, 1:04 AM   #47
5 time champ

The Goff's life revolves around a tiny racing league called the UMRA,
If they see that a guy can compete with them, for it is he who will dearly pay.

Terry is the ringleader - the one who calls the shots,
the other are puppets that sleep outside his house, on little green cots.

Goff will win the points, in his belt another notch,
but never without controversy, you can set it by your watch.

Many have come and gone in this league, but the Goff's always stay,
seeing another competitor have trouble - it just makes Oogie's day.

Whenever the UMRA comes strolling through your town,
just pray that the old Goff hauler is somewhere broken down.

Congrats to Terry, winning yet another crown,
it must be a hollow victory knowing Tate would have taken you down!

8/25/08, 8:08 AM   #48
yamaha

Yep I was there and it was clearly a racing accident. think about it but why would he do it at anderson and risk killing someone and himself. You guys want to talk about bumping lets talk about the no.55 and his dad. WOW

8/25/08, 8:22 AM   #49
midgetracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha View Post
You guys want to talk about bumping lets talk about the no.55 and his dad. WOW
How can he be bumping when he gets taken out every time he gets on the track?

8/25/08, 8:40 AM   #50
yamaha

If I remember right didn't he push the 90 car and broke his shock, bent his nerf bar at mt.lawn. the he tried to go through the infield to pass terry.(which there is video of). Then he slammed terry after the race, then his dad gave terry the middle finger right in front of everyone. Im sure grandpa was proud!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tate Martz