IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Angell Park Badger Higlights
7/31/23, 5:19 PM   #1
Angell Park Badger Higlights
RMR3

Yet another stellar race by the Badger Midgets! Get to a Badger race my friends. You won't be disappointed. This series keeps getting stronger and stronger! Check out highlights herehttps://youtu.be/HBDBNBPhGyU

4 members like this post: erich45, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, TNRustler
8/1/23, 8:43 AM   #2
Re: Angell Park Badger Higlights
RMR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR3 View Post
Yet another stellar race by the Badger Midgets! Get to a Badger race my friends. You won't be disappointed. This series keeps getting stronger and stronger! Check out highlights herehttps://youtu.be/HBDBNBPhGyU
Would love to hear feedback from IOW members on the race?? Would love to see some IOW members at the races.

8/1/23, 3:45 PM   #3
Stephen Cording

I've only attended a handful of races at Angell Park.
Sunday night was easily the best of the bunch.

Love the BADGER format - Qualifying - Last Chance Qualifying Race - Heats - B - Feature.

Wisconsin Wingless Sprints I thought were very entertaining and competitive, hopefully a few more will throw there hat in the ring next time USAC are in town. - To improve you need to run with the best.

Looked a great crowd. perfect weather.
$15 admission.

And thankfully no wing sprints on the billing.

Calm down. Calm down. YOU ALL KNOW that wings and non wing formula need VERY different track prep to bring out the best of each formula and unfortunately Wings always seem to win the call.
So very pleased the Wings were not there.

Fantastic pick me up following the disappointment of losing Haubstad and a perfect way to conclude my ISW trip before heading to O'Hare for my flight back to the UK.
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 8/1/23 at 3:49 PM.

8/1/23, 9:44 PM   #4
kendirt

Prior to the first caution I was thinking that if the feature went green to checkered Waelti would lap well up into the top ten. It surprised me that that Jones boy was able to get up there and race him.

Andy Baugh was knocking on a top five after starting 16th when he broke with just a couple of laps to go.

The WingLESS racing was good all night. One common complaint is that they can't pass. Ryan Zielski finished 4th after getting in a jangle on the second lap and going to the back of a 24 car field. Don't remember where Wilke started, but he passed good cars to win the deal.

I thought WingLESS were all on the same carb but I saw at least one car in the pits with what appeared to be a billet carb body. Then a bunch of course with standard cast bodies. If their tech guy is still hanging around this forum maybe he can explain that to me.

3 members like this post: jdull99, RHR
8/1/23, 11:27 PM   #5
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Great video production. Wheel to wheel action, slide jobs, cars bouncing around and the announcer going wild! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Angell Park Badger Higlights