IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
foytfan (Offline)
  #1 7/20/23 8:25 PM
Just seen one of the best pavement races of any class that I have seen!
You sprint only guys need to watch the replay.
16 Likes: bart, Bostonian, Chief Wahoo, Eatin Dirt, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, jdull99, Love dirt, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, Scott Daloisio, snowdrift, stp6237, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Online)
  #2 7/20/23 8:34 PM
Originally Posted by foytfan:
Just seen one of the best pavement races of any class that I have seen!
You sprint only guys need to watch the replay.

That was one of the best races I think I've ever seen. Good grief. A pass on the outside of turns 3 & 4 for the win. 3 wide at the finish. Folks need to watch that.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
9 Likes: Bostonian, erich45, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, luckybuc97, oldfan49, stp6237, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #3 7/20/23 8:41 PM
Wow! Those guys showed no fear. Loved the outside line pass for the lead on the last lap. And no wrecking! 🏁
7 Likes: Bostonian, interpreter66, LUCKYONE, Stephen Cording, stp6237, tirespinner, TQ29m
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #4 7/20/23 8:45 PM
Definitely one hell of a race. Now they've screwed around so long. Letting people out on the track to get autographs. And all the other BS that they're doing. That, it appears to me like they could get rained out before they get the Silver Crown race in. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. Somebody needs their butt kicked there. Squaw line is knocking on the door. I think they're in deep doo doo.
3 Likes: Grocery Guy, LUCKYONE, PIT CART
jdull99 (Offline)
  #5 7/20/23 9:25 PM
TOO bad, ESPN isn't covering the Silver Crown race at Winchester tonight (instead of Tony's SRX deal; & I don't hate that series, I'm just saying...)...as they might of when it was REALLY "Thursday Night Thunder"...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
6 Likes: Bostonian, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, oppweld, Rapid Rick
erich45 (Online)
  #6 7/21/23 12:32 AM
And kudos to Pat and Chet for calling it like a feature event, and not just a time filler.
7 Likes: Bostonian, Crankin, interpreter66, LUCKYONE, oldfan49, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #7 7/21/23 1:53 AM
No open wheel cars, but we have a "crown vic" type class at Rockford Speedway tomorrow (Saturday July 22nd). Two months of points races left, then the specials...thats it for the place...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
TQ29m (Offline)
  #8 7/21/23 8:45 AM
Could be the next generation of what we all want, on "Hoosier tires "?, could get expensive quick!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Terry Porter (Offline)
  #9 7/21/23 9:09 AM
I was going to post something similar this morning. Its a shame that the crown-vic race upstaged the SC race. I went last year and was entertained being my first time to Winchester, and I would have been there last night if work wasn't getting in the way, but.......
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, nathans1012, TQ29m
jdull99 (Offline)
  #10 7/21/23 4:05 PM
With FULL respect to the Silver Crown series, I have to ask, did the quick qualifier start on the pole of the Crown Vic race? (& I can guess that maybe the Crown Vic class doesn't even qualify...but thats not the point...)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com