IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #11 7/17/23 6:54 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I miss making three or four of these every year. and for this year all Im positive on making if family member is doing ok is Burg, I will attempt to get to Circle City if the same holds true. Pushing it on time and distance, but really want to make it. Plus only dirt track in Indiana running sprints, I've never been too.

Best place to sit, best eats etc at Circle City?

I’d sit as high as you can. It’s a small track so there’s not really a bad seat in the house. I typically sit up by the press box. Restrooms and concessions are easy to get to and nice. I hope you’re able to make it.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #12 7/17/23 6:59 PM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Circle city has become one of my fav places due to how nice it is, run the TQ there a decent bit. Rocks are much better this year but still see a few. Part of stands have a much higher area that’s good. We’re usually a little closer to 4 so we can get back to pits easier. I think we’re gonna try to hit Kokomo even though it’s a bit of drive, haven’t made it up there this season and it’s my def favorite to watch sprint cars at. Lawrenceburg is closest but the worst track of the schedule in my opinion, track prep is always awful/non existent.

I agree that the rock situation is MUCH better than it was. I really hope this racetrack does well and sticks around for the long haul.
3 Likes: racefan20, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #13 7/17/23 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by berks co:
I have to wait a week to go
I’m going to Terre Haute and the end of the week
Can’t come soon enough
Wise choice going to Terre Haute!! Where sprint cars belong!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
10 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dale, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Larry Welch, mc/rider, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, ronmil, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #14 7/17/23 8:50 PM
I have Circle City circled on my schedule (is that proper grammar?). Maybe we'll run into each other, Charles. I am real easy to find. I'll be wearing a hat.

flagboy55, I'll get back to you via e-mail if I head to Gas City. Kokomo on Saturday is out though, my friend.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
3 Likes: flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #15 7/18/23 8:57 AM
My group is fired up and ready!! Stopping at liquor store and snag some 30 packs and a bottle bourbon after work. Only thing left is to figure out the menu for the grill and smoker. Tidy up the honey-do list for the wife and then it’s on like donkey kong!! Cya all at the track 🍻🍺🏁
4 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
mc/rider (Offline)
  #16 7/18/23 11:33 AM
My ISW starts a Winchester

When in doubt Gas It
12 Likes: azsprintfan1, flagboy55, GlobalSpeedway Tours, Hustlin-Hoosier, Igo-Ono, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Love dirt (Offline)
  #17 7/18/23 12:07 PM
Are there usually RV parking spots available Saturday mid afternoon? at Kokomo.
kb78 (Offline)
  #18 7/18/23 1:39 PM
I have the truck and camper ready!! Starting at Winchester and going all the way through to Haubstadt. I am excited as it will be my first time to some of these tracks and first time in a long time to some more.
11 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, PIT CART, racenut69, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
cmakin (Offline)
  #19 7/18/23 1:40 PM
I start my drive up tomorrow. Hitting all of them. Getting tough on these old bones at the start because I have been lazy this past year. . . but I will handle it. I always do. . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
10 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, tirespinner
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #20 7/18/23 3:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dale:
And bring someone with you to the race.
We got 2 newbies in tow. Still green to sprint car racing. One made Smackdown last year and the other did some IMW with us. Broke them in to some pavement this year at the Little 500. I try my best to grow the sport, my son is the same way.
9 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner