IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/9/08, 12:34 PM   #121
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
FishBurger

Not being picky here.....maybe this is just semantics, but in the Kevin Miller statement he uses the term "indefinite postponment" and on the USAC web-site (usacracing.com) the Union County event is listed as "postponed". Does this mean the race will be run at some later date? Or, was the event actually "cancelled"? :confused:

8/9/08, 12:38 PM   #122
Tony Barhorst

Jerry, I stand by my statements...and I guess I am too old school. I know that Rich Vogler would have stayed to race...I just know it in my heart. That is where that came from.

These high dollar midget race cars...are a whole new deal....

I am still going to try to bring in entertaining events...and raise the purses....for the back of the pack...and winning payouts. That is my goal...These big dollar teams can enter if they choose.

Liberty means you are free to do what you feel is right. We all have that choice. I have no regrets that we had a race without those teams.

8/9/08, 12:42 PM   #123
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The event in question that you mentioned Tony was at Brownstown when Chad Boad hit the grader...you forget to mention that Brownstown has catch fences all the way around the track, and the grader was easily moved behind the wall, and to mention the fact that the grader didnt have a tree growing through it. We worked our asses off to make sure that our track met the SAFETY SPECIFICATIONS needed to host a USAC event.

Thanks

8/9/08, 12:43 PM   #124
Tony Barhorst

I was NEVER ever offered a postponement....

In fact I called USAC...about a raindate in the case of bad weather. I NEVER got an answer. That is why I needed Staab on my team....I called Greg and offered to hire him to be my track prep team director last week.

He is busy with the 6R team going to IOWA..,.I tried my best. Sorry....But It will be better next time.

8/9/08, 12:46 PM   #125
hacksaw

But Chad boat still hit the grader

8/9/08, 12:57 PM   #126
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

We are aware he hit the grader, it was a simple mistake of not putting the grader far enough behind the wall. It was a simple oversight which was fixed in a matter of moments.

I just didnt see how you could compare the Brownstown event to what happened Thursday night.

8/9/08, 1:00 PM   #127
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Jerry, I stand by my statements...and I guess I am too old school. I know that Rich Vogler would have stayed to race...I just know it in my heart. That is where that came from.
Umm Tony I just got off the phone with the highest authority on Rich Vogler, his Mom, and she thought Rich would have left if USAC deemed it unsafe. As a matter of fact he used to complain to them that they were too lax on safety.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/9/08, 1:05 PM   #128
DonMoore10

All of the finger pointed going on here is reactionary. If the United States Auto Club had done their job correctly in the first place, none of the issues would have happened or mattered. It's real simple.

8/9/08, 1:06 PM   #129
Tony Barhorst

I guess I am wrong..I just know Rich came to race. Robert Ballou was first described to me as a combination of "Rich Vogler and Jack Hewitt"

After watching him drive many times...I agree...I know he stayed under pressure not to.

I only mean respect to Rich Vogler, my favorite driver.

By the way...Rich won TWICE at the same Liberty track...Before any improvements were made. That is a FACT. Want to know others that won there with USAC from the old school?

THEY CAME TO RACE...

That is all I am going to say for now. Life is too short to hold grudges anywhere. WE WILL IMPROVE.

8/9/08, 1:11 PM   #130
OpenwheelRob

Mr. Barhorst, am I understanding this correctly? You were on the PA system at Union County Speedway and really called the drivers "Pansies?" Seriously, did you? I'd like to know.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week