IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Sprint Car Series
2/27/23, 5:52 PM   #11
Re: High Limit Sprint Car Series
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
So be the guy who wins? The majority of the people going to those races are going with the mindset to win the race not run the bmain. Minus maybe the Knoxville nationals you aren’t paying for a night of racing by running the b. And if I recall it paid like $1500 just to start the feature. If you don’t think you can win atleast make the a, those are the guys who get awarded at every race not the ones running the b. And no one is forcing you to support them if you don’t like it you can stay home that is always an option but for the guys who are going to make the a it sets up a decent payday.

Used to be there would be 20 cars to show up at Kings Royals and a Hundred for the Nationals just to be part of the event and a chance they might get lucky Same in LM's with the World which was well over a hundred at one time and Jackson Nationals and a few others. Now they take the weekend off and the 40-60 left that can afford that competitive of a car do the racin.

2/27/23, 10:05 PM   #12
brian2h

I’ve never had the mind set to run the b and I’m pretty sure no racer does your missing the point but you go have fun racing with them I’m sure you will win lol. There not going to get more than 30 cars per night on average. And they told me they don’t want that many anyway but I’m sure you know all that

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/27/23, 11:14 PM   #13
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
How many drivers have gone to the back in the Front Row Challenge in recent years? In the early years of it,most would take the challenge,in the later years of me attending,no one took the challenge.

Now everyone wants to start up front for a decent chance at winning rather than starting further back and not having much of a chance at winning.
Yea, thats just what I was thinking. Thats why they don't do it anymore at the "FRC". Other question is, does driver commit to the dice roll invert before or after they roll the dice? If they roll first & its a 2 or 3, driver might take the chance. But I can't see anybody committing to a blind roll....

2/28/23, 9:47 AM   #14
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2h View Post
There not going to get more than 30 cars per night on average. And they told me they don’t want that many anyway but I’m sure you know all that
Why would they want or need over 30 cars for middle of the week shows?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Sprint Car Series