#11 12/17/22 3:27 AM
deleted
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #12 12/17/22 7:17 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Ah c'mon..... $6,000 to start?
As my late father would say, "Quitcha bitchin"
Can't be anything but good!
I’m with Charles. I can see goo & not so good with this. And yes the $6K to start is good but I’d rather see $500K to win $25K to start but that doesn’t get the headlines
5 Likes: Bostonian, Charles Nungester, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy, jdull99
Ilovedirttrackracing (Offline)
  #13 12/17/22 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I honestly can't say if this is good for the sport or bad for the sport. Or just in General the sports going the way the Late Models did. With a ton of tracks getting ten to fifteen cars for regular shows and anyone who has backing to compete. just races big shows.

I also see fans attending less but bigger shows only. This is a week, Knoxville another. Add in A speedweek or two and you got four mini vacations June-sept

Racers, Heck we got twenty five races that pay 20 grand plus Ten of em 50K or more. Win one, thats more than five regular outlaw or all star wins.. I see some like Macri, Marks, Gravel, Koffoid and a few others just going $$ racing and hell with a points championship. But they may run some of that too cherry picking $$ and tracks they tend to run best at.

I also don't like that Flo $$ is going for select events only. It should be spread out and make each sanctions purse a bit bigger every night.

Sign of the times, I guess Im glad they're having it. Just not necessarily the way it's going. Last years KR attendees get first choice on ticks. Well this is basically a Nascar ticket license which went well. UNTIL tracks that had two year waiting list at one time can't fill the place anymore and people basically giving tickets for free in the parking lot.
I am glad that our racing family will renew our kr as usual. Our racing family member Bill has been to everyone of the king's royal racing events. Let the tradition continue and the Kodak moments and life time memories continues together. God bless America 🇺🇸. Thanks ☺️
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #14 12/17/22 2:07 PM
Ah c'mon..... $6,000 to start?
As my late father would say, "Quitcha bitchin"
Can't be anything but good!
Im not wrong, Outside of central PA, Where is 410 wing racing even healthy?

Charles Nungester
Kart#51 (Online)
  #15 12/17/22 8:35 PM
Ohio
7 Likes: Blitzman, fishnman, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, PIT CART, progressive22
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 12/18/22 12:29 AM
I don't get it... what does "Outside of central PA, Where is 410 wing racing even healthy?" have to do with a Million Dollar race being a bad idea?
Like Kart said, its big in Ohio & Great Plains like Knoxville, Husets, etc.
& if a company is willing to invest in a multi million $ purse, isn't that a sign of pretty robust health?
You could ask the same question about 410 wingless... where is it healthy outside Indiana? Irrelevant....its healthy where people like it & enough people like it to keep it going. Thats healthy enough, right?
6 Likes: bighd0522, Dougherty20, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, mlamb, progressive22
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #17 12/18/22 8:07 AM
I don't get it... what does "Outside of central PA, Where is 410 wing racing even healthy?" have to do with a Million Dollar race being a bad idea?
Like Kart said, its big in Ohio & Great Plains like Knoxville, Husets, etc.
& if a company is willing to invest in a multi million $ purse, isn't that a sign of pretty robust health?
You could ask the same question about 410 wingless... where is it healthy outside Indiana? Irrelevant....its healthy where people like it & enough people like it to keep it going. Thats healthy enough, right?
Im not mad they're having a big race. Im just saying there aren't many weekly tracks left that get full field. Even Ohio struggles unless it's a $$ race and then sometimes not so much. Last waynesfield all star race got 20

Charles Nungester
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #18 12/18/22 10:14 AM
Im not mad they're having a big race. Im just saying there aren't many weekly tracks left that get full field. Even Ohio struggles unless it's a $$ race and then sometimes not so much. Last waynesfield all star race got 20
Last year on the night of the 4 crown, they had All Stars at Eldora, WoO at Sharon, plus local races at Atomic and another track or two, there were over 100 410s racing in Ohio that night. Granted some were National guys but most were from Ohio.
5 Likes: Blitzman, flagboy55, motorhead748, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #19 12/18/22 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Last year on the night of the 4 crown, they had All Stars at Eldora, WoO at Sharon, plus local races at Atomic and another track or two, there were over 100 410s racing in Ohio that night. Granted some were National guys but most were from Ohio.
That’s not terribly uncommon throughout the season. On many Saturday nights you can have 4-5 track’s running winged 410’s and most with a full field or close to it.
3 Likes: fish, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #20 12/18/22 12:21 PM
Have you been to waynesfield lately? That used to be one of the most exciting tracks to spectate at…. Not so much anymore. Idk if it’s the track prep or what but since they quit running weekly it’s not as good