IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy
5/3/22, 2:01 PM   #41
Re: Terre Haute cooler policy
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

While we are taking cooler policies, what’s Macon Speedways? Never been and planning on going Saturday. Went to website and couldn’t find any info. Thanks in advance

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/3/22, 2:24 PM   #42
deadhorse30

I'm with midget98 here. I'm surprised how many people would go/not go to a race because of the cooler policy. I could care less. Is it nice to take cheap stuff to the track, of course. But that's not going to stop me from going. I have a family of 4 and use the concessions as a treat to my kids for being good. Never have I decided not to go because I couldn't take a cooler. These tracks need to make money to stay open, and if people don't buy things they will be gone.

5/3/22, 3:18 PM   #43
Macon Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
While we are taking cooler policies, what’s Macon Speedways? Never been and planning on going Saturday. Went to website and couldn’t find any info. Thanks in advance
We do not allow coolers inside the gates.

5/3/22, 4:59 PM   #44
kb78

When I was a kid in the Seventies we always took a cooler, I do believe money was just that tight that Mom would make sandwiches and we had snacks and some generic sodas which was a treat because we did not have soda at home. The only time I take a cooler nowadays is if it is mid-summer and I need some extra liquids or if it is a track with an exceptionally slow concession stand, I hate missing races because I'm standing in line. Anyway, I think most of the tracks here in Ohio allow a cooler although sometimes there is a size limit. I enjoy track food too much to pack snacks nowadays.

5/3/22, 5:21 PM   #45
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
There is no grandfather clause that I know of. .
Are you saying that Santa Claus does not have a Grandpa?

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, Oleman61x, racenut69, tirespinner, TQ29m
5/3/22, 6:32 PM   #46
cowboyhar69

Burg doesn’t allow carry in alcohol or glass bottles and the last time I was at Kokomo you couldn’t bring anything in. Eldora used to allow carry in beer but the last time I was there it was no carry in beer. Terre Haute had water for sale for )$2 a bottle. The new promotors have sunk a ton of money into the track….. only fair to let them recupe some of their investment. If they don’t you think they will continue to promote the place?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

6 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, captrat, PIT CART, The Old Coyote, TNRustler
5/3/22, 7:40 PM   #47
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Are you saying that Santa Claus does not have a Grandpa?
Damn that’s a bad joke Bobo. Was good to see you get a little exercise at THAT the other night. No cooler, so he had to walk out to truck to get an Ensure to wash his Geritol down

5/3/22, 7:59 PM   #48
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not going to lie, allowing coolers is a factor where i go. Im dissabled and only leave the stands once per event, But drink between 4-6 combo or pop and water.

I almost always buy food or snacks at the track Getting someone there everything when it comes to making $$$ and more than just the gate.

That being said, Their track, they can run it as they choose.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/3/22 at 8:01 PM.

5/3/22, 8:43 PM   #49
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Not going to lie, allowing coolers is a factor where i go. Im dissabled and only leave the stands once per event, But drink between 4-6 combo or pop and water.

I almost always buy food or snacks at the track Getting someone there everything when it comes to making $$$ and more than just the gate.

That being said, Their track, they can run it as they choose.
Same. What Charles said…nothing more to add

5/3/22, 10:34 PM   #50
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
My comment was directed towards captrat. As yeleyfan noted PA tracks seem pretty cooler friendly. Chief, come on over to PA sometime, our state slogan is "you have a friend in PA" at least that's what it used to be.
Would I still be a “friend in PA” if I wore a Cleveland Browns shirt? I’d have to hit the tracks in eastern PA

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy