IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
duel (Offline)
  #1 12/15/21 11:37 AM
Where are people going this weekend? The weather looks decent to travel. I will be in Ft Wayne. 90 miles vs 490. If I were somewhere in the middle I would drive to Du Quoin. Ft Wayne is a lot of fun. 12 hours of racing a day and staying across the street, convenient. Not to mention a pretty good-sized city to find things to do.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 12/15/21 12:03 PM
My choice would always be Duquoin. They just fumed me out at Fort Wayne last time I was there. Only had a couple short periods in DuQuoin where it got even close to bothering me bad.

Racings good at both. But DuQuoin they do the you don't think it's possible on that track. Three wide, slide jobs etc.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: duel, racenut69
hilly (Offline)
  #3 12/15/21 12:08 PM
Duquoin for us
snowdrift (Offline)
  #4 12/15/21 1:15 PM
Ft Wayne for me
mc/rider (Offline)
  #5 12/15/21 1:21 PM
DuQuion. Alongis for ravioli

When in doubt Gas It
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, luckybuc97, racenut69, WinglessLovers
ISF (Offline)
  #6 12/15/21 1:29 PM
The distance for us is very nearly exactly the same to Ft. Wayne as Du Quoin. Du Quoin is our choice. We've attended all but 1 midget race ever held in the Southern Illinois Center and we've yet to walk away feeling like we'd witnessed subpar entertainment value. Some were a lot better than others but we were entertained at all we attended.

Plus, it's kinda' cool to take the Christmas Light Show Cruise through the fairgrounds at Du Quoin! The wife enjoys that almost as much as the racing!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, erich45, luckybuc97, racenut69
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #7 12/15/21 2:33 PM
The wife and I are headed southwest to DuQuoin for the Jason Leffler Classic. Fort Wayne is always interesting also but my wife gets nose bleeds every time we go to Fort Wayne from the fumes which are not as bad at DuQuoin. Racing is also better when more passing.

Bruce Eckel
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, racenut69
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 12/15/21 2:55 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
DuQuion. Alongis for ravioli
Tell the boys I said hi
3 Likes: duel, mc/rider, racenut69
ISF (Offline)
  #9 12/15/21 3:37 PM
The St. Nicholas Brewing Company isn't a bad spot to hang out and have a craft beer before heading south to the SIC. Food isn't too bad at the brewery, either.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
jdull99 (Offline)
  #10 12/15/21 4:12 PM
a person could go to both, if they only care about midgets...DuQ is only a one day show for the midgets...(edited posts as I originally excluded the support classes as they are running both days)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, duel, Midget98