IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom
12/7/21, 7:49 PM   #41
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
i don't think anyone in usac is over paid. i would like to see some key board jockey run the top feeder series for both woo and allstars for less.
So you think 432,000 per year + bonuses is about right then ?

2 members like this post: 2rock21, dshort36
12/7/21, 9:44 PM   #42
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
So you think 432,000 per year + bonuses is about right then ?
Jelly much?

I’ve never watched the top brass in their day to day activities, therefore I will not judge their value.

Last edited by Rpracing1; 12/7/21 at 11:20 PM.

12/7/21, 11:22 PM   #43
Re: Windom
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

So if Usac brings in 4.3 million a year, He makes less than a waitress/waiter in percentage?

12/8/21, 12:52 AM   #44
yeleyfan76

So we are debating salaries of who???? Miller?? Spridge ???? Ritchie??? Who??? One is the president of Usac who claims to have made Usac global in its entities. Perception is 9/10 the reality and every time I’ve seen him he looks lost and has no idea what the three main divisions of Usac really are. We will find out this year what the others really know as they won’t have Levi to lean on for experience and knowledge. Usac’s main problem is that its time to decide on which series to focus on and cut the others loose. These guys are leaving to go winged sprint car racing so
I would surmise that sprint cars are the most viable. Silver Crown is old time traditional yesteryear racing. It’s also 10 or so weekends they could be running sprint cars. Midgets are an animal of their own filled with one “owner” showing up with rich daddy funded 5 to 6 cars for kids and a few other teams trying to compete for peanuts yet spending 10s of 1000s to run them. Again taking away weekends to run sprint cars. No one moves up from Usac midgets to run a highly paid midget series. Now people are talking about adding asphalt cars back into the deal which will further cut team participation due to costs. It’s real simple. Run the sprint cars all of the time and up the anty for purses and points. Let the kids series and the over the hill series find new homes. Or cut loose the sprint cars to someone who wants to promote the product and get the teams more money. It’s no secret that Usac stands by the theory they are not in racing to promote they are just in it to show up and have a race. Unfortunately most of the country does not race their product and fans don’t know who they are due to lack of promotion. It’s real easy for me to say this is right and that is wrong but let’s look at the numbers. You can run a winged sprint car in multiple sanctions for a lot of money. Heck you can run a true outlaw schedule not bound to any sanction for a lot of money. You could even run certain regions of the country for a lot of money(central pa or Cali for instance) Late Models can run anywhere they want, sanctioned or not for a lot of money. Even northeast modifieds are now branching out to other parts of the country for a lot of money. One series just put together a deal with each winner is at least 25gs. Two of those events are actually at 50g. They credit their exposure on Flo for that. The group at Usac has been on Flo for a couple of years and how many 50g to win shows are they boasting?????? The saddest part is the product is good if not great when the sprinters come to race, it’s that they have no help in promoting it. If it costs more at the gate to up the purse then so be it. I believe the only other alternative is for the teams to just stop showing up to Usac events altogether until they pay more or give it up to someone who will. Why would Usac work at upping the anty if teams keep running for peanuts. In a perfect world all types of racing would be running for big money but since it’s not perfect it’s time to look at why other forms of dirt racing can get big purses and Usac can’t. The days of Mario, AJ, the Unsers, and Rutherford are long gone. Celebrate that great era yes, but it’s time to move into the present or there won’t be any teams left. Good luck to Windom and KTJ as they pursue a better financial life and hopefully these departures open eyes to what we are losing. Just because it costs more to run a wing doesn’t mean non wing don’t deserve to run for more money as this form of racing is not cheap either.

12/8/21, 9:15 AM   #45
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Sliver of sunshine.USAC Sprint Car schedule coming out tomorrow

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
12/8/21, 1:43 PM   #46
duel

I have been watching usac since 1970. There have been lean times but the last few years have been great. Someone new and exciting is always on the horizon to watch. As of recent years, there are drivers that can't qualify for a feature in an evening that are potential feature winners. Heat races are very competitive. If these guys are chasing more money I wish them well. I like it when these former winners can go elsewhere and do well. The USAC product is still strong and prestigious I believe.

12/8/21, 2:26 PM   #47
hoosier sprinter

Wonder what Brady's plans are for next season.

12/8/21, 2:37 PM   #48
mc/rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier sprinter View Post
Wonder what Brady's plans are for next season.
Last edited by mc/rider; 12/8/21 at 3:00 PM.

4 members like this post: duel, luckybuc97, OnTheHammer, oppweld
12/8/21, 2:47 PM   #49
Alsglide12

If we were only running based on the most money then late models would be the best choice..they always run for more money..and that is why you see so many full time guys racing late models..it doesnt cost that much more to run a wing than a non wing..i race non wing and know the cost of it....the whole problem is everyone is getting more money except for the car owners and drivers....the purses in non wing hasnt changed much in years but the cost to field a car has went through the roof...the amount it pays to win a usac race is almost embarrassing....up the purses and that will solve so much..ppl are tired of it

3 members like this post: captrat, duel, oppweld
12/8/21, 2:58 PM   #50
mc/rider

With Windom and Thomas moving on it seems we 3 and maybe 4 substantial replacements stepping up. Thorson, Seavey, Axsom, and possibly Kofoid

2 members like this post: duel, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom