IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #1 2/17/21 8:54 PM
https://fox59.com/sports/voice-of-in...QyrRbCgQMl-WN8

Sending prayers!
18 Likes: 95KART, Bobv, chrismattlin, dirtball, EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PJ Wright, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, Wayne Davis, WinglessLovers
mc/rider (Offline)
  #2 2/17/21 9:15 PM
A fantastic television and radio motorsports personality whos passion and love for racing came across in his broadcast. I remember he got the opportunity to drive one of AJs roadsters around the track. He had tears in his eyes. Heal up Bob, we all love ya

When in doubt Gas It
16 Likes: dirtball, EBookerFan, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, John P Huss, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #3 2/17/21 9:48 PM
Speedweek on ESPN back in the 80s and 90s. He and the late Larry Nuber were GIANTS in their field! I looked forward to it every week.

Wishing Bob all the best.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
19 Likes: Bostonian, dirtball, EBookerFan, erich45, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kinser11, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, rmr6nm, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 2/17/21 10:45 PM
I read somewhere in the last few days the best way to describe Bob Jenkins. He was famous but you would never know that if you met him. Just a down to earth good guy. Praying that you win this fight Bob.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
18 Likes: Bostonian, dirtball, EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jjones752, John P Huss, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
jim goerge (Offline)
  #5 2/18/21 1:36 AM
Loved when ESPN did Thursday night Thunder and then Saturday Night Thunder with Bob and Larry Nuber two guys who knew what they were talking about, unlike couple of the clowns at the Chili Bowl this year. Prayer to Bob and his family, As Mrs. G always told me when we found out I was sick Fight the good fight!!!
16 Likes: Bostonian, dirtball, EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, John P Huss, jonboat15, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Bostonian (Offline)
  #6 2/18/21 1:27 PM
That is just sad to read. The other networks can only wish they had commentators as good as Bob Jenkins. I always remember "Thursday Night Thunder, coming Live from"
12 Likes: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, John P Huss, jonboat15, luckybuc97, mc/rider, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, Wayne Davis, WinglessLovers
John P Huss (Offline)
  #7 2/18/21 2:24 PM
Thunder Was The Best With
Bob & Larry. Sure Have Missed
Those Days. Praying For Bob
Jenkins!!
Best Regards,
John
8 Likes: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, mc/rider, ronmil, tirespinner, treecitytornado, WinglessLovers