IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 11/19/20 9:35 PM
Circle City Raceway. All Stars May 20-21

Speed Sport Article about the new track - these dates where reveled.
https://speedsport.com/racing-nation...-indianapolis/

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
kinser (Offline)
  #2 11/20/20 6:10 PM
The writer should have done their research. Apparently they don’t know that the Outlaws used to run on the mile at the fairgrounds.
5 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner, treecitytornado
badcoupe (Offline)
  #3 11/20/20 7:02 PM
Wrong fairgrounds
kinser (Offline)
  #4 11/21/20 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Wrong fairgrounds
The article says it’s the first time that winged 410 sprint cars have raced inside Marion county. Which is wrong.
3 Likes: jim goerge, racefan20, tirespinner
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #5 11/21/20 6:57 PM
Originally Posted by kinser:
The article says it’s the first time that winged 410 sprint cars have raced inside Marion county. Which is wrong.
I remember The King going in the fluff to pass Sammy on the last lap at the Indy Mile
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
kinser (Offline)
  #6 11/21/20 7:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Angel:
I remember The King going in the fluff to pass Sammy on the last lap at the Indy Mile
I remember that also, Sammy thought it was a lapped car that had passed him back. Sammy pulled into victory lane and they pushed him right back out so Steve could get in. Lol
4 Likes: Bill Angel, fourteen fan, jim goerge, luckybuc97
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 11/22/20 5:49 AM
Is that when Steve Won in the Valvoline Car, right? 1991, I believe.
CircleCityRaceway (Offline)
  #8 11/23/20 1:44 PM
Thank you for everybody's correction. When we were doing this, we asked some knowledgeable people and were never told about the Outlaw race at the Fairgrounds.

So now we will say it's the first time in almost 3 decades there will be a 410 Winged Sprint Car Dirt Race in the City of Indianapolis.

And after we run the All-Stars on May 20 and 21, 2021, we will have held the most dirt winged sprint car races in the city's history ever.

Thank you for everyone's support!
4 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, kinser, nathans1012
kinser (Offline)
  #9 11/23/20 9:40 PM
Originally Posted by CircleCityRaceway:
Thank you for everybody's correction. When we were doing this, we asked some knowledgeable people and were never told about the Outlaw race at the Fairgrounds.

So now we will say it's the first time in almost 3 decades there will be a 410 Winged Sprint Car Dirt Race in the City of Indianapolis.

And after we run the All-Stars on May 20 and 21, 2021, we will have held the most dirt winged sprint car races in the city's history ever.

Thank you for everyone's support!
I’m glad you are opening a new dirt track !! When is the first non wing race ?
5 Likes: billw, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, nathans1012, TNRustler
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 11/26/20 7:18 AM
Yes, 1st WINGED SPRINT CAR Shows in Indianapolis since the 1992 U.S. DIRT NATIONALS at the Indy Mile. 😁😁