IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
7/30/20, 9:59 PM   #1
Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
flagboy55

The silence from the Big E is deafening. The biggest race on their schedule, the World 100 is little more than a month away and nothing new on their website or anything else I’ve seen. Someone told me that Ohio is planning football games that I heard would allow 8000 people. That’s only about a third of the attendance at the World in my estimations. My worry is my favorite event the 4 Crown. Although I’ve watched it grow year after year, that number might be feasible for that event, though I think recently the attendance has surpassed that. This topic was brought up with my cronies as were enjoying ISW from Terre Haute in the garage on Flo. What if it doesn’t happen at Eldora? Would you like to see it moved and where do ya think it should move to? My bud Smit said Terre Haute, and I couldn’t agree more. What do you think?

4 members like this post: duel, midnightrider, PIT CART, svfd830
7/30/20, 10:15 PM   #2
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
The silence from the Big E is deafening. The biggest race on their schedule, the World 100 is little more than a month away and nothing new on their website or anything else I’ve seen. Someone told me that Ohio is planning football games that I heard would allow 8000 people. That’s only about a third of the attendance at the World in my estimations. My worry is my favorite event the 4 Crown. Although I’ve watched it grow year after year, that number might be feasible for that event, though I think recently the attendance has surpassed that. This topic was brought up with my cronies as were enjoying ISW from Terre Haute in the garage on Flo. What if it doesn’t happen at Eldora? Would you like to see it moved and where do ya think it should move to? My bud Smit said Terre Haute, and I couldn’t agree more. What do you think?
I don't know where in Indiana you could run it aside from Terre Haute and maybe Lawrenceburg.
But many folks will b**** that Lawrenceburg is too small for the big cars. (I think the Burg is the smallest place they should go).

Either way they could run just USAC and call it the 3-Crown (not triple crown as to not confuse with the triple crown Championship)

Outside Indiana? Outside the box, kinda, Port Royal.

Seen several races from Port during this deal, and I call it flat Eldora because it races in a similar way.

7/31/20, 4:38 PM   #3
Re: Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown
openwheelfan1

I know several people in OH that I speak with regularly, and the general info from them is that the Ohio Governor is the one preventing Eldora and many other businesses from holding events. Several of my Ohio friends are speculating that the Ohio Governor will mandate another shutdown in early August (i. e., next week) if the rising COVID cases don't start declining.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/31/20, 6:27 PM   #4
HuskerRed

I live in Columbus, and I don't see Eldora opening this year. Governor Dewine is itching to shut everything down again. hope im wrong.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/2/20, 11:10 AM   #5
flagboy55

I hope you’re wrong about another shutdown. Not just for racing but every other person and business adversely affected by it. I’m guessing among most common folk in Ohio the governor is not very popular?

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, luckybuc97
8/3/20, 12:05 PM   #6
diversified

State of Ohio forced IndyCar to cancel/postpone this weekend's double header at Mid-Ohio.
Thinking Four Crown at Eldora looking less and less likely...darn it!

8/3/20, 12:12 PM   #7
jonboat15

The business I work for was scheduled to go to a 3 week quarter horse show in Columbus starting in October, it has been cancelled.

8/3/20, 1:47 PM   #8
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
The business I work for was scheduled to go to a 3 week quarter horse show in Columbus starting in October, it has been cancelled.

That horse show brings more tax dollars into the state then any other thing, including the piss poor NFL and MBA.

8/3/20, 4:29 PM   #9
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
That horse show brings more tax dollars into the state then any other thing, including the piss poor NFL and MBA.
Crickets, is that yet another class of race cars? Might be interesting, or not!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Puppy, racenut69
8/3/20, 5:14 PM   #10
jonboat15

My boss told me it brings in about 180 million to the state, that's quite a loss in revenue.

2 members like this post: Al Pierce, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crickets at Eldora & 4 Crown