IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 6/22/20 12:31 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on the forum was at Butler Speedway this past Saturday Night? They had their opening night and by the looks of the race report had a good number of sprinters.

http://tjslideways.com/2020/06/21/ru...ure-at-butler/

If anyone was there, how was the track? I know they put in a new fromt wall for the old one collapsed, or as someone else had said on another media site, "finally committed suicide".

Have the restrooms been improved? Track announcing/speakers working after taking a couple of years off? Was there social distancing and masks? Concessions? Pit entry?

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #2 6/23/20 6:17 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Have the restrooms been improved? Track announcing/speakers working after taking a couple of years off? Was there social distancing and masks? Concessions? Pit entry?
As long as Donaldson is still involved with the track (which he is behind the scenes) I don't see that ever happening. Which is sad, because Butler is my favorite Michigan track.
fish (Offline)
  #3 6/23/20 6:57 PM
Originally Posted by Spi-nex:
As long as Donaldson is still involved with the track (which he is behind the scenes) I don't see that ever happening. Which is sad, because Butler is my favorite Michigan track.
Yes, the restrooms could use some work.

As far your comments on Donaldson, he's a big part of the reason there still is a race track there, and that it races sprint cars.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #4 6/23/20 7:15 PM
I always wanted to watch races from the tree house off turn two.
3 Likes: Blackduce, fish, i love dirt track racing
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #5 6/23/20 9:49 PM
Originally Posted by fish:
Yes, the restrooms could use some work.
For guys,updating the restrooms is fairly easy. Just plant a few trees......
2 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing
fish (Offline)
  #6 6/24/20 3:38 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Great view, but you wouldn't like the climb up.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #7 6/24/20 1:34 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Me and the mailman used to go to the nascrap racing events at Michigan and would go to butler speedway after a long day at the office at the speedway. We never made it up to the tree house . LOL. Always loved the racing events.