IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I55 vs Tri State
6/17/20, 12:09 AM   #11
openwheelfan1

We were at TSS Sunday night. Living in KY, we are playing by a whole different set up “rules” (okay, technically, guidelines) down here than you are up in IN, so we weren’t sure what to expect. Although we are both healthy, we are technically in the “at risk” group. I’m not going to lie, some of what I saw made me a little uncomfortable, but not so much that we were willing to load up and go home. We wore our face coverings when we went to the restroom or concessions or in close proximity to other people, and we were surprised at the quantity of people 50% capacity equaled. At this point, it is what it is...we try to be cautious and aware in crowds, we wear our face coverings if we are going to be in a crowd and we monitor our health closely.

6/17/20, 12:40 AM   #12
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We went to both Lee County & 34 Raceway in Iowa before I-55 in Mizzou.
No check points @ the first two.At I-55 temps were checked,filled out a form & signed it.Everyone used the same pens over & over,kinda negates everything else.Oh the people checking temps didn't have masks on,the person selling beer had theirs down on their chin.🙄
As for Sunday @ TSS,wasn't at all uncomfortable nor tonight @ Paragon.
Face masks are a choice,I guess if one goes somewhere and they're not being used they have a choice,go forward or leave,life is about choices.
Oh BTW,there was one Hell of a race @ Paragon tonight.🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/17/20, 1:03 AM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Did not mask up at TSS.

After the crowd, will probably do so at LPS and the WoO shows just because I’d rather not feel as if I got some at risk person sick.

Do as you feel necessary.
Beware Bob,you'll probably get your temp checked Fri & Sat.not to worry it won't hurt.😀

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
6/17/20, 7:25 AM   #14
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Beware Bob,you'll probably get your temp checked Fri & Sat.not to worry it won't hurt.😀
Dan,
As long as you are not “Taking “ my temperature, I will be very comfortable. 😀

6/17/20, 7:35 AM   #15
on_the_edge

People ***** for 3 months because there is not any racing going on then someone decides it would be a good idea to start a thread like this? Quickest way to kill racing for the rest of the season. If you are scared stay home, no one said you had to be there. All the USAC races are on flo now so you can stay in your living room with your mask and be as safe as you want to be. As for me I'll be attending races and hope to continue to do so for the rest of the season.

4 members like this post: duel, motorhead748, PIT CART, skids59
6/17/20, 8:45 AM   #16
Re: I55 vs Tri State
opnwhlmnd

It's not a Missouri requirement to check temps to enter. That is an I-55 Raceway policy.

We now know the proper way to keep from getting Covid, just carry a large sign and no worries about getting it. If we had only known that three months ago. ...... For our serious members here the last statement was ... sarcasm.
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 6/17/20 at 9:06 AM.

2 members like this post: duel, racenut69
6/17/20, 1:50 PM   #17
Big Willy

This is a sign of the times... I have no idea what the poster was expecting at a dirt race but they probably should stay in and quarantine until the Covid-19 is completely eradicated. Hopefully everyone understands particle sizes and the ineffectiveness of those masks against the filtering of the tiny particles. Regardless, if that makes you feel better, please continue to wear a mask and know there are also risks in doing so. Secondly with regard to temps, asymptomatic carriers (estimated to be between 25 and 50% of all cases) would show normal temps. The disease has also only appeared to produce a fever between two and five days after infection which means taking one's temp is not only a unnecessary step but would also pose a greater risk to the persons having to take the temps of the entire crowd. Plain and simple, if you aren't comfortable getting out in public, don't do so but also don't try to project your fears upon the masses who are ready to move on.

2 members like this post: dirt330, motorhead748
6/17/20, 4:21 PM   #18
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
This is a sign of the times... I have no idea what the poster was expecting at a dirt race but they probably should stay in and quarantine until the Covid-19 is completely eradicated. Hopefully everyone understands particle sizes and the ineffectiveness of those masks against the filtering of the tiny particles. Regardless, if that makes you feel better, please continue to wear a mask and know there are also risks in doing so. Secondly with regard to temps, asymptomatic carriers (estimated to be between 25 and 50% of all cases) would show normal temps. The disease has also only appeared to produce a fever between two and five days after infection which means taking one's temp is not only a unnecessary step but would also pose a greater risk to the persons having to take the temps of the entire crowd. Plain and simple, if you aren't comfortable getting out in public, don't do so but also don't try to project your fears upon the masses who are ready to move on.

Masks are for protecting others. You are correct that masks do not protect the mask wearer from contracting the virus from a non-wearer and they are not 100% effective. On the other hand if we all wore masks in public places it would mitigate the spread and probably reduce some of the restrictions some find so onerous.

1 member likes this post: SoIllSprinter
6/17/20, 5:18 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll be at the Burg.
From Video it seemed pretty spread out at both TSS and Paragon. I don't know the facts on the ground. Standing outside in the sun, Temp Checks are a moot point.. Everyone I've seen or taken were under a tent or just inside the entrance where the sun hasn't been on you for at least a minute.

Im going sat after buying my tics a month ago not knowing what the situation would be today. Time and distance. Heat and Humidity. Outdoor in hot weather it's very hard to transmit unless a sick person sneezes on you. or you stand face to face for several minutes at close distance.

Think you also need to take some personal responsibility. I've told people in line at a store to step back a couple and will sat if necessary. I feel reasonably good about going sat, My Uncle who also has a ticket is still on the fence but he's pushin 80. Trust me, other than age, I got more co morbidity than he does.

Burg does not hit 50% for all but two shows, However if they're selling on all seating and everyone chooses the main grandstand. ???

I know those two have broke their back to conform. Made sanitizing stations. marked off etc. I hope its a sheer safe and successful event. See some of you there. "DON'T SNEEZE ON ME" LOL
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/17/20 at 5:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: dirt330
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I55 vs Tri State