IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question re: lapped cars to the tail
1/27/20, 2:50 PM   #11
Re: Question re: lapped cars to the tail
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
I doubt KTJ will pull into the infield at TSS even tho he's been lapped the last 3 races there.
Bryan, I think you need to remind your bud KTJ of his finishes at his fav track of all!

1 member likes this post: Chief Wahoo
1/27/20, 6:45 PM   #12
cl124

So here is a thought. They should allow a 'lapped car' to still be able to pass for position anyone who hasn't lapped him yet during the race. That accomplishes 2 things, moves the lapped cars to the back, but still allows the last lapped car not to essentially lose an entire lap to the next car in front of him. This way lets say the leader laps several cars but the 2nd place car does not, the lapped cars could hypothetically fight their way all the way back up to 2nd if they had not been lapped by the 2nd place car.

1 member likes this post: GlobalSpeedway Tours
1/27/20, 10:28 PM   #13
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Didnt KTJ get his first win at TSS? (USAC)
Last edited by mc/rider; 1/27/20 at 10:29 PM.

1/27/20, 10:56 PM   #14
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

They moved lapped cars to the tail at the Chili Bowl. Changed the race completely.
Last edited by Rich Mersereau; 1/28/20 at 8:32 PM.

2 members like this post: duel, skids59
1/28/20, 7:51 AM   #15
flagboy55

Let’s just throw the caution when the leader catches the back of the field that way no one is impeded ever. And shouldn’t the fans vote on these issues?

1/28/20, 8:19 AM   #16
kb78

I personally don't like the idea of sending the lapped cars to the tail, if you have to "manufacter" excitement then you are tredding on NASCAR ground, but as long as they are consistent I guess the rules are what they are. I know this, I will be furious the first time a guy is leading with several lapped cars between him and second and then on the restart they let second hang back and then throw a big slider going into one to take the lead. This will happen by the way.

1/28/20, 10:54 AM   #17
Harleyburns16

l

1/28/20, 11:25 AM   #18
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

The frustrating thing about going a lap down is, like mentioned above: If you're running 15th and get lapped just before a caution, your still right behind the 14th place car, but it doesn't matter how many cars you pass at this point, you're sill in 15th place. Unless you are looking for more seat time, you might as well save your car and pit... Why they give the guys in the back the death sentence is beyond me. What does it matter to the front runners? Why don't they have them pass the leaders and catch up to the back of the pack and unlap themselves? At least give them incentive to continue to race...

Bill

9 members like this post: 2rock21, Dougherty20, erich45, ISF, progressive22, Racer12, svfd830, Tom23, Tony74
1/28/20, 5:36 PM   #19
revjimk

This whole issue is too confusing
What if they put lappers to the back at Little 500???
That whole race is one confusing cluster&^%$ !!!!

1 member likes this post: dirt330
1/29/20, 11:13 AM   #20
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Am I missing something here? Doesn't USAC have a fairly consistent Move Over Flag policy? Shouldn't the lapped cars be honoring that and yielding to the lead lap cars? What's all the fuss about?
It is not a MOVE over flag, it is a HOLD your line flag!

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, rick42
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question re: lapped cars to the tail