IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers
8/9/19, 5:27 PM   #11
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

GEEZ here we go again.

If you’re such a lifelong bleacher jockey, as you claim, I would think by now you would know where to sit so as to have a unobstructed view at all times.

Either that or have grown a bigger pair and asked those standing to please sit down.

I hope that the races I attend are exciting enough to give me a reason to stand up!!!!!

8/9/19, 5:46 PM   #12
Steve Wendel

I have learned you can't complain or make any attempt to make things better for everyone,the common advice seems to be"If you don't like it just don't go".I for one am beginning to take that advice and maybe others are also.

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright
8/9/19, 5:59 PM   #13
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
GEEZ here we go again.

If you’re such a lifelong bleacher jockey, as you claim, I would think by now you would know where to sit so as to have a unobstructed view at all times.

Either that or have grown a bigger pair and asked those standing to please sit down.

I hope that the races I attend are exciting enough to give me a reason to stand up!!!!!
We did not pay to look at your back. NASCAR or "wrasslin" should work well for your selfish philosophy. Also, just how does your standing make the on-track action more exciting? This post is ludicrous, but very typical of the way people ignore the social contract between us all.

8/9/19, 6:06 PM   #14
Re: An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers
ChetC

Just to play the devil's advocate, sometimes the on-track action is so exciting, fans can't help but stand as evidenced by this highlight...

https://youtu.be/pfx9CKaNAE8?t=681

4 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, OnTheHammer, racegal, TNRustler
8/10/19, 7:58 AM   #15
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

It would also be nice if they would give the qualifying results past the top ten. (Right after qualifying while no cars are on the track).

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan, oppweld
8/10/19, 9:03 AM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Good example during a red flag condition at Bloomington last night.Not a word was uttered about the line up until the cars refired. On the other hand their video screen for advertising is great,not cluttered up with finishing orders of qualifying or heat races
Last edited by mc/rider; 8/10/19 at 9:04 AM.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, oppweld, PIT CART, WinglessLovers
8/10/19, 11:55 AM   #17
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

How about everyone just be respectful of those around them while at a race regardless of what the PA announcer is or is not imploring them to do or not do.

8/10/19, 11:59 AM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Let's all go and enjoy all the great things our racing families love and make some Kodak moments. God bless America. 😊🇺🇸

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/10/19, 12:03 PM   #19
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetC View Post
Just to play the devil's advocate, sometimes the on-track action is so exciting, fans can't help but stand as evidenced by this highlight...

https://youtu.be/pfx9CKaNAE8?t=681
Self-discipline is generally a positive personality trait. As a former middle school dean, the " I just can't help it" brings back one of the classic excuses for adolescent behavior.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, PJ Wright
8/10/19, 12:28 PM   #20
dsc1600

If someone wanted to know what IOW has become, I’d send them this thread.

No offense meant, but the word grumpy comes to mind.

2 members like this post: OnTheHammer, RacinBabe
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter To Promoters and PA Announcers