IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 8/7/19 9:52 PM
Probably the best thing they could do there is put pavement back on it
cmakin (Offline)
  #12 8/8/19 3:36 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’ll never forget the USAC race, might have been ISW some years ago that I heard there
2009, ISW. Darland won in a huge battle with Cole Whitt (remember him?)

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
5 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, flagboy55, nathans1012, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #13 8/8/19 6:59 PM
Originally Posted by cmakin:
2009, ISW. Darland won in a huge battle with Cole Whitt (remember him?)
And Chad Boat

You Tube Video

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, chrismattlin, cmakin, luckybuc97, nathans1012, racenut69
Hustlin-Hoosier (Online)
  #14 8/8/19 7:59 PM
I remember Stanbrough getting a Sprint win for Baldwin Bros. there , when they had a Midget week race
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #15 8/8/19 8:27 PM
There will be an announcement next week.

2023 Season: 13 Tracks & 40 Races. States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI. Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Non wing lover (Offline)
  #16 8/8/19 10:37 PM
That was a hell of a race I hope bring back usac to boswell
2 Likes: erich45, oppweld
TQ29m (Online)
  #17 8/9/19 1:01 PM
Probably the best thing they could do there is put pavement back on it
How quickly you forget, pavement is for getting there, dirt is for racing, I ran there under both configurations, and the pavement was not a friendly beast, one night I think everyone dropped out of the feature, it got so slick, everyone thought someone was losing oil, but it was as the sun went down, the air got really dense, and the track instantly went super slick. Besides the cost, it isn't the easiest track to access, especially with big equipment.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
ronmil (Offline)
  #18 8/9/19 2:19 PM
I remember the cows in the adjoining pasture seemed to enjoy the races!

Ron Miller
2 Likes: PJ Wright, TQ29m
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #19 8/9/19 4:51 PM
Actually I’m not particularly fond of pavement either but the dust at the place has been brutal at times. That USAC race there was a dandy what you could see of it. It will be interesting to see what happens and what classes they choose to run. Another Saturday night dirt track might be tough
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #20 8/9/19 8:15 PM
Actually I’m not particularly fond of pavement either but the dust at the place has been brutal at times. That USAC race there was a dandy what you could see of it. It will be interesting to see what happens and what classes they choose to run. Another Saturday night dirt track might be tough
They are looking at getting new clay that doesn't produce as much dust and reconfiguring the track.

2023 Season: 13 Tracks & 40 Races. States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI. Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.