IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Stands
7/29/19, 9:36 AM   #11
Re: Bloomington Stands
macngravy

My first time ever to bloomington was last year 2018 for sprint week, i thought this place is beautiful, the racing excellent, just incredible all they need to do is fix these old wooden stands with new boards or new stands. So then I heard they put new stands in for 2019, needless to say I was excited to go back for sprint week for my second time there. My first thought was, I cant believe they put these stands in, they are so confined, and took away the site lines from the hill, needless to say i was very dissappointed. Glad to hear they are only temporary, I just hope when they fix them they need to consider all the views from the hill. That place was amazing on Friday night, it was like a concert venue with outdoor seating, awesome atmosphere with incredible racing, Bloomington will be my favorite dirt track if they get it right with the new stands, i'm sure they will

3 members like this post: racefan20, spicoli, tirespinner
7/29/19, 2:14 PM   #12
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

They had good intentions, but they really messed it up. Hopefully what ever phase 2 is, is much better.

I didn't think the old wood stands were that bad.... I'd rather them had put in a real catch fence first. But again... on to phase 2 and hoping for the best. I know they mean the best for the facility. Track was awesome last Friday.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/19, 9:16 PM   #13
Slider20

I know this thread is just constructive criticism but I feel like people don’t realize how close this place was to not being a race track this year. Let it breathe a bit, you will see progress. They took the track over a month before the first race.

7/29/19, 9:44 PM   #14
RACrappieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider20 View Post
I know this thread is just constructive criticism but I feel like people don’t realize how close this place was to not being a race track this year. Let it breathe a bit, you will see progress. They took the track over a month before the first race.
I agree, and I’m just glad that we all still have a Bloomington Speedway that we can all still enjoy and possibly improve upon when time, resources, etc. allow.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, Hammer, Slider20, tirespinner
7/29/19, 10:43 PM   #15
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider20 View Post

You couldn't be any more correct,the keys were exchanged just 30 days before the first race,with nothing done all winter,most all contact information wasn't exchanged and several other important items weren't shared.
So all in all as I told several people on opening day that were concerned about some changes or lack of,at least the gates opened this season.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/30/19, 9:36 AM   #16
ossuks

Also, how much money do you put into a facility that is not yours?

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/30/19, 9:51 AM   #17
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
I suppose that depends on the length of the lease. You could ask the same question about Spikers lease at paragon

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/30/19, 10:24 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
You got no idea how many tracks that applies too.
Well perhaps YOU do

7/30/19, 12:20 PM   #19
quicktime3

I think it’s fair to point out the things that are of utmost importance to the fans, even though I’m sure they already know for the most part.
I would imagine fencing/barriers in a few different areas are up there, along with fixing the seating issues. The bathrooms are pretty high up there, and it looks like there’s a plan in the infield when it comes to sponsor signage. Parking for an event like Friday can use some work, too.

7/30/19, 2:28 PM   #20
HoosierMikey

IMO Bloomington has one of the best tracks in the country. I used to go there when i was younger. Seen many good races there. The last time i was there was a 2 or 3 years ago and being older the hill was a big problem for us. They took my wife in a cart so she would not have to walk the hill. Then going to the bathroom was an issue. I can not comment on the new seating since i have not been back. We now go to Lincoln park since if we get there earlier we can sit in our lawn chairs and do not have to climb a hill. I agree with another poster they need to make it like Lincoln Park. As much as we like Bloomington Speedway we will not be able attend unless they get it to where we dont have to climb the hill to bathroom or climb any steps.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Stands