IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Therealether (Offline)
  #31 7/16/19 7:31 AM
That's how I felt. Mind you, I don't live in IN these days, I live in Florida and out heat index the past few weeks has been over 110. You know what we did? Put on our boots and worked through it lol
6 Likes: Big Mike 7, Bill Angel, Leroy Jenkins, nonwingkingofkalifornia, tirespinner, TNRustler
PJ Wright (Online)
  #32 7/16/19 8:07 AM
I always soak a washcloth, wring it out, put it in a zip lock bag and put it in my cooler. A few times a night I wipe my face and it sure feels good. Like others have said, hydrate in advance.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #33 7/16/19 8:51 AM
they have moved hot laps for the first three nights to 7:30 start
2 Likes: chrismattlin, Will Shunk
Mrs G (Offline)
  #34 7/16/19 9:45 AM
Early start time....late start time....one support class...multiple support classes....Here's a thought...how about we celebrate and appreciate the fact that we have the opportunity to see 8 races in 10 days?!? As Bill would say, "Go to a track and enjoy. Try watching the race like you'll never see another one. I promise you will enjoy." I know I will!
46 Likes: 2fast4u, Big Mike 7, bigq11, bigsby, Bill Angel, Bill May, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Clydesdale, davidm, dirt330, Eatin Dirt, erich45, grumpy racer, Hammer, Hustlin-Hoosier, ISF, JarrettFarms73, jjones752, Jonr, Josh Spencer, K9Racer, kcarm92, Ken Bonnema, kplange, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Milly, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, racenut69, RadRacer, RockinRy, ronmil, ROSS, snowdrift, sprinter31, Sprints fan 11, tdt636, Tim Bookmiller, Tim Clauson, TNRustler, TQ97, wildman92, XtremeLS1
Leroy Jenkins (Offline)
  #35 7/16/19 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
you’ve posted in at least two threads on the subject. we hear you, you don’t like it.

Are you on vacation tomorrow though? because it’s after 10pm on a work night and you’re still posting. Thought getting rest before the next work day was paramount to your daily existence or something ?
I gurantee it will be past 10 pm when the races are over
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #36 7/16/19 11:50 AM
Well said Mrs.G .. we really dont know how good we have it. If the races are over too late, dont go. If its too hot for you, dont go.But I for one am glad they moved the time up for everyones general health . If you are a warrior that works and lives in this kind of heat, good on ya, but just know that everyone is different and to go or not is a personal choice that each person must make for themselves. At least we have the chance to make that decision. Peace
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt330, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, PIT CART, racenut69
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #37 7/16/19 12:14 PM
I’m on second shift and working the weekends right now. What I would do to be able to attend just one of the sprint week races, no matter the time or temperature
5 Likes: dirt330, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, PJ Wright
TQ29m (Offline)
  #38 7/16/19 12:55 PM
So? Don't take the chance.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #39 7/16/19 6:18 PM
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins:
I gurantee it will be past 10 pm when the races are over
You’re prolly dang near 100% correct there. My take though is that when there’s a special event happening, the american consumer will sacrifice a night (or two) of rest to take part. Sunday/ Monday night Football, concerts, video game releases... etc. IMHO Indiana Sprint Week is on that level +1.
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #40 7/16/19 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by Non wing lover:
Hoosier race fan the race gods heard ya
I’m sure the good folks that run these tracks and the USAC officials were already working on this well before I said anything. Smart move on their part in my opinion, and I hope everyone that can go has a great time. Good luck to all the drivers and teams, have a safe week and run your ass off.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97