IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bacon rides again in mid-america midget week
7/8/19, 3:10 PM   #1
Usac: Bacon rides again in mid-america midget week
admin

7/8/19 2:58 PM BACON RIDES AGAIN IN MID-AMERICA MIDGET WEEK

More...

BACON RIDES AGAIN IN MID-AMERICA MIDGET WEEK

By: Richie Murray – USAC Media

Speedway, Indiana (July 8, 2019)………Brady Bacon is on a roll right now, and he aims to continue the run in this week’s “Mid-America Midget Week,” July 9-14 as the USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship swings through Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri for five races in a six night span.

Bacon will compete in the first four events of the tour aboard the Central Motorsports No. 85 Tuesday, July 9 at Red Dirt Raceway in Meeker, Okla., Wednesday, July 10 at the Concordia High Banks in Concordia, Kans., plus Friday/Saturday, July 12-13 at Jefferson County Speedway in Fairbury, Neb.* Bacon will then finish the week out piloting the Kelly Hinck No. 21H in the MAMW finale at Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex in Sweet Springs, Mo. on Sunday, July 14.

Last weekend, the Broken Arrow, Okla. driver swept the two-night Brand Professional Agriculture “Corn Belt Nationals” for USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Cars at Knoxville Raceway, collecting $25,000 in winnings over both nights.

In last year’s “Mid-America Midget Week,” Bacon earned three top-five finishes in four starts, including a 5th at Red Dirt, a 5th at Jefferson County and a 4th at Sweet Springs.* Last September, Bacon was the winner of the richest Midget race of the season, the $15,000-to-win BC39 at The Dirt Track at IMS.

Bacon’s made four USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget starts this season with a best finish of 6th at Bloomington Speedway during “Indiana Midget Week” in June.* He competed for Hinck in March’s “Shamrock Classic” at the Southern Illinois Center in Du Quoin, finishing 18th.* Bacon owns seven career USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget feature victories.

Tuesday at Red Dirt, the Lucas Oil National Open Wheel 600 Series Non-Wing Micro Sprints are also on the card.* Gates open at 5pm (Central), drivers meeting at 5:45pm, engine heat at 6:15pm and hot laps at 6:30pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $25, high school students and younger are just $5 and pit passes are $35 apiece.* The tailgate section is $100 per carload with one ice chest allowed.* Tailgate area tickets are now available for reserved purchase at www.RedDirtRaceway.com.

Wednesday at Concordia, 600 Open Class Non-Wing Micro Sprints are also in action.* The drivers meeting takes place at 6:15pm (Central), followed by engine heat at 6:45pm and hot laps at 7pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $25 for ages 13 and older, 12 and under are free.* Pit passes are $30 for all ages.

Friday and Saturday at Jefferson County, gates open at 5pm (Central), drivers meeting at 5:30pm, engine heat at 6pm and hot laps at 6:15pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $20, kids 54 inches tall and under are just $5 and pit passes are $35.

Sunday at Sweet Springs, the drivers meeting begins at 5pm (Central), followed by engine heat and hot laps at 5:30pm.* Adult general admission tickets are $10, kids general admission is $7, military are $7 and pit passes are $25 apiece.

Watch all five races from “Mid-America Midget Week” live and on-demand at http://www.floracing.com/.* Listen live on the USAC app.* Follow along with live updates on https://www.facebook.com/usacracing/ and https://twitter.com/USACNation, plus live timing and scoring on the Race Monitor app.

7/8/19, 3:59 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Bacon rides again in mid-america midget week
Jerry Shaw

I'm reminded of when we first heard of Brady Bacon. We were hearing the stories of this kid, who was out there in the Great Plains, just racking up an unbelievable amount of midget wins. He was a bit of a legend by the time he finally rolled into our part of the country.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/8/19 at 6:39 PM.

7/8/19, 5:49 PM   #3
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

BIG Bucks Bacon

7/9/19, 10:36 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I can't remember when but it was one of the first Jack Hewitt qualifiers at Kokomo with .D.O in the booth talking about Bacon being there in the midgets and he was someone to watch.

The evidence is on the track, Nothing the guy can't drive and win in. And another one of those his public demeanor isn't the same guy in the race car. If Brady's not leading, he's always pushing forward, giving the guy in front of him everything he can handle. But he also does it clean.

Having spoke with Brady several times he's nice and approachable, fun to be around. And seems to be a great family man as well.

Speaking with both Richard and Rob Hoffman several times. They were always positive on him. Boasting on how the last championship they never bent the primary car once and only pulled the backup out once due to mechanical. They were more than happy to get HAR and Mean Green back with him for 2019. Some say it isn't big, but it's part of what keeps BBR going along with a host of others.

I'd like to know how many of the last 20 championships were won with ONE Chassis.

Enough with the BB accolades but Im a fan and if there were a sportsman of the year, He'd be on the podium for sure.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/9/19 at 10:38 AM.

7/9/19, 10:46 AM   #5
Rpracing1

Everybody loves Bacon!

3 members like this post: 55fan, Jerry Shaw, tirespinner
7/9/19, 2:28 PM   #6
Gene Franckowiak

I have been part of Brady's USAC sprint car team for the past 2 years and I could not be more fortunate than to be involved with such a dedicated racer. Bray Bacon is not jut a great racer but a husband, father, & role model.....he's got it all going on.

7/9/19, 2:55 PM   #7
winglessmd

My wife and young girls were at the Oval Nationals one year when Brady finished on the podium. We were watching them get their pictures taken when Brady walked down and handed his trophy to my daughters. We have been a big fan ever since. I think what makes Brady so tough on the half miles is his ability to be so smooth with his driving. He reminds me of the way Doug Wolfgang used to drive the half miles.

7/10/19, 12:52 PM   #8
EZ04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
I have been part of Brady's USAC sprint car team for the past 2 years and I could not be more fortunate than to be involved with such a dedicated racer. Bray Bacon is not jut a great racer but a husband, father, & role model.....he's got it all going on.
This is what I was thinking he's definitely a great representative for the sport we love.

2 members like this post: 55fan, i love dirt track racing
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bacon rides again in mid-america midget week