IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > L-Burg Updates?
7/11/08, 12:42 AM   #91
Re: L-Burg Updates?
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cfan View Post
Thanks Fred!!!

Are they posting points anywhere?

NEW NATIONAL SPRINT CAR STANDINGS:
1-Jones-657; 2-Coons-625; 3-Whitt-595; 4-Bacon-577; 5-Tracy Hines-577; 6-Cottle-538; 7-Hagen-536; 8-Darland-528; 9-Gardner-505; 10-Sweet-468.

NEW CHEVY POWERS "INDIANA SPRINT WEEK" RACING:
1-Cottle-117; 2-Darland-115; 3-Scheurenberg-107; 4-Jones-102; 5-Bland-101.

7/11/08, 1:15 AM   #92
car17e

test

7/11/08, 2:11 AM   #93
ColoradoFan

Fred, Thanks again for your updates. In a few years I'll have a grandson to help me drive and maybe we'll be able to make the trip. For now this is fantastic.:applaud:

Vern Plotts

7/11/08, 5:17 AM   #94
Jerry Spencer

Two great nights of racing at the Burg, Josh loves the new track while I being old fashion would like to have the old track back for more than one reason. With that being said the people at The Burg are top notch and go out of there way to make you feel at home, the track let Dave and Brenda (with help) cook for the teams all day as to help cut some of the cost for the people putting on the show, we made (as did a lot of the people) a point to buy something at the track because of there willingness to set aside a little profit in order to help the people that help them fill the stands.

If you are in the pits at one of the tracks that allow this please spend a little money at the track to help offset there kindness to the ones that put on the show.

The atmosphere was equal to Gas City (minus the great cone affair as it has been called :rolling) the gates were open all night and day (up until race time) so people could mingle and see the behind the scenes workings of a race team. A very laid back and friendly feeling.

We are truly lucky to have race fans that follow Non Wing Sprint Cars the way our fans do. We are also lucky to have promoters that really do care about the racer and the fan.

See you in a few hours at Gas City.

Spencer Racing #66j
www.joshspencer.com

7/11/08, 5:24 AM   #95
steve_g

Thanks for the updates - good to be able to set is happening on-line while at work ! Anyone know where Jerry Coons is on points for ISW?

7/11/08, 11:34 AM   #96
mtcray

Good run Jerry Coons Jr.! Keep up the good work! Good luck the rest of Sprint week! :applaud:

7/11/08, 12:13 PM   #97
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

HEARD BALLOU HAD TO TAKE HIS BIG ASS PUSH BUMPER OFF LAST NIGHT:applaud:

7/11/08, 12:52 PM   #98
THracer19

Kyle Robbins looked real good in his heat last night. Just a bad deal the bolt on his visor broke in the feature and all the tear offs came off on lap two.

7/11/08, 1:52 PM   #99
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by okokok View Post
Are you saying that the track is not very racy???

Lawrenceburg is a great new facility -- but, it has not shown great racing - has not shown any great speed.

I wonder if they got the banking set wrong?? Is the clay wrong? Something is missing..

great place to go for a race, yet, a heat that starts and ends with no movement -- this is not good!!!

It was racy as hell weds night. Two and three wide all over the place with cars running side by side for several laps at a time.

Wed the track was good, however there was no way to hang it out and get a advantage as the bottom was just as fast as the top.

I call this too fast a track and it looks like a outlaw show.

Its going to take a bit of trial and error to get this track to come in mulit grooved. They nailed it weds and nobody could complain about rubber or dust last night but it just looked like a line of cars. Stanbrough moved thru the pack but very little movement in the top five the whole race.

If Weds race had stayed green, We would have possibly seen Cottle win from 18th.

I heard people complain weds night about the track taking rubber but IMHO that was a perfect track as it came in as two groves that you could get traction on top or under either. Bloomington does this when it's right.

Thurs id say the track was Haubstadt like prepared. Tacky top to bottom. It didn't work well. It was fast but it was like everyone was on a rail.

No complaints at all from me. It was a hugely successful two nights of racing. I heard possitive comments all night weds even "That was the best damn racing I've seen in years" from a few including me.

Glad to meet several IOW people and the ones I had before. Was nice meeting Pine, Zman and too many to mention.

Congrats to Bland and Short. I wonder if Don Short has any complaints ? Still, Congrats!

Chuck

7/11/08, 2:00 PM   #100
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusermom View Post
Joe ,They did a cat scan and xrays, but everything was good....He just feels like a train ran over him... thx for asking. ,Renee
Thank you Krusermom. I had heard he went to a hospital in Indy but never got confirmation anywhere at the track. I was pretty sure that if it has been serious that we would have heard something.

Get well Kruser!
Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > L-Burg Updates?