IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway
5/11/19, 9:16 AM   #11
Koko06

Sorry I don't call that racing! They need to change they rule maybe it would make for better racing if they would invert the top 6-8 cars watching schatz start on the pole (a real yawner) but if you like that kind of racing that's your opinion.

2 members like this post: Indy1808, tirespinner
5/11/19, 9:19 AM   #12
TCR57

Watched the USAC show on Floracing and it looked pretty good compared to the “good old days” footage they were showing of races there in the late 70s / early 89s. Dusty track, rutted up, etc.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
5/11/19, 9:30 AM   #13
Koko06

Was not worth $29.00! You can see 2 local shows any weekend for $12-15 and far far better racing. If gas city didn't rain out we would of been there and if they would of gotten 21 cars per say I bet it would if been a whole lot better then what we seen last night. Congrats to Tyler Courtney at least he came from 7th to win

4 members like this post: Indy1808, oppweld, speed bump, tirespinner
5/11/19, 10:02 AM   #14
Re: Eldora Speedway
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko06 View Post
Was not worth $29.00! You can see 2 local shows any weekend for $12-15 and far far better racing. If gas city didn't rain out we would of been there and if they would of gotten 21 cars per say I bet it would if been a whole lot better then what we seen last night. Congrats to Tyler Courtney at least he came from 7th to win
Then save your money and go to two local shows. I’m sure you’ll find something to complain about at both of them.

5/11/19, 10:58 AM   #15
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Last edited by GYATK94; 2/22/23 at 11:51 AM.

5/11/19, 10:58 AM   #16
speed bump

Fast , but very boring ..wont go again ...sticking with smaller tracks ..Kokomo, Gas City etc ..slower , but really good close racing ...

3 members like this post: Indy1808, Koko06, tirespinner
5/11/19, 11:10 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Pee and moan All I've been doing for ten days in the hospital. You guys do it at the race track

Enjoy being out and about! Good race, bad race. Big deal

5/11/19, 11:24 AM   #18
Koko06

I will save my money haven't been there in over a year and it will be a very long time before I go back. Better racing is better when it's on a smaller track. Didn't miss athing not going for over a year.so get out and support the locals tracks

3 members like this post: Indy1808, speed bump, tirespinner
5/11/19, 12:29 PM   #19
SoIllSprinter

Wow. Many and more negative people showing up here. Everyone being “connected” whether through social media or forums like this brings out the negative vibes. What casual fan or new fan would want to attend a race at an iconic track like Eldora after reading this? I think we all have a responsibility to help promote and grow this sport or it might end up like nascar. If you don’t like what you are seeing, fine, don’t go, you have that choice, but don’t take it upon yourself to spew and make it your mission to deter others.

5/11/19, 1:03 PM   #20
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Always gotta be the haters. Let's see....last night for only $29 we all saw the only track in America that books WoO and USAC on the same night. We saw 11 WoO and 6 USAC races. We did not have much dust. Sure, we did not have the side by side racing like a 1/4 mile track, but we knew that going there. We had the lowest priced concessions of any track, clean restrooms, bright lights, a scoreboard that had all the leaders, qualifying times, instant replays, interviews and we get entertained after every race. What more do you haters want? Probably be the same negative posts later this summer when USAC goes to Knoxville.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway