IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo TV
2/10/19, 12:39 PM   #41
Re: Flo TV
Kansasdirtfan

I had the same experience as most on here have indicated: perfect Friday night, not so much last night. Lost my Roku feed and contacted FloSports customer support fairly early in the airing, received their acknowledgement, but didn't actually get a response until well over an hour later. By then I was watching on my iMac. I get that this was their first weekend, and am willing to give them a pass, especially since Friday night was so well done. Bugs happen, that's just the nature of the beast. But what I'd like to see happen is for FloSports to contact the announcer's booth and have Sean let those of us who are trying to watch, and wondering what's going on, know that they're experiencing difficulties. Then give the viewers some guidance on an alternative solution if one is available. It's called communicating on purpose, and it's great for customer satisfaction. Compared to my previous experience (speedshifttv) FloSports' customer support needs to improve by speeding up their response time. Also, I've had an issue trying to resume watching some of their replays ever since I went with the Roku, and have yet to get a solution from them.

6 members like this post: billw, dirt330, ISF, NMrace48, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
2/10/19, 12:57 PM   #42
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
Same here, I gave up on the ROKU and did the computer, HDMI cable thing. The out of sync voice and lip reminds me of a Japanese monster movie!
Thats funny!
Or maybe more like the old cartoon "Speed Racer", with human lips superimposed on cartoon faces?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
2/10/19, 9:14 PM   #43
cornerthree

Mine was jerkey all night

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/10/19, 9:23 PM   #44
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS View Post
Watched in person. Seems to me the first thing they need to do is get Buck out of the van in the mezzanine and up in the announcer's booth. He was announcing off what he was seeing on the screens from the cameras.
I think the announcer kinda needs to see both the live action and what is being broadcast. If he talks too much about things the camera isnt on then there would be complaints about that too.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: erich45, tirespinner
2/10/19, 9:36 PM   #45
kylecumminsfan

Mine worked perfect both nights.. the ones that had problems, is your internet fast enough to keep up with it?? Might not be floracing, maybe it’s the internet provider..

2/10/19, 10:37 PM   #46
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecumminsfan View Post
Mine worked perfect both nights.. the ones that had problems, is your internet fast enough to keep up with it?? Might not be floracing, maybe it’s the internet provider..
So what are requirements?

2/10/19, 11:18 PM   #47
kdobson

One thing you might try is to reduce the resolution/bit rate on your player. We watched Friday from the Jacksonville Speedway bar during a fundraiser with few issues and I had no issues at home Saturday. Right now we have pretty solid internet at the track, but it's a wireless rural connection that can get a little flaky at times (Fiber gets installed next week!). On one occasion things on the multiple streams we were watching kind of all got crappy at the same time and I did a speedtest on my phone and our bandwidth had temporarily gone from 40mbps down to about 5... which really isn't enough to handle several incoming streams from different tracks.

So... on your player you can adjust the resolution where the gear is where I drew the arrow on the picture. Yes, your player is set to automatically figure out the resolution/bandwidth you can handle, but if you manually reduce it way down when you are having problems.... your problems will most likely go away as you are using a LOT less bandwidth between settings. Even at a low resolution, things will look pretty good. If they do, you know that's the issue and after a period of everything going fine, you can turn the dial up a little until you get problems again.

www.speedtest.net is your friend during streaming problems. 8 times out of 10 the problem is in your end and you just don't realize it. If your speed is still showing great and you've tried to reduce resolution to no avail... then blame the streamer.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, Jbaldwin, tirespinner
2/11/19, 12:03 AM   #48
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You guys didn't get kicked off for or five times, Said event completed or stream not found. I also had it log me out once.

Propblem wasn't on my end, worked perfect fri night and worked good most of the time except for those situations and totally froze for the first half of the winged feature, then came back fine.

1 member likes this post: The Old Coyote
2/11/19, 10:46 AM   #49
3wide

My biggest complaint with FloRacing is that I am unable to cast from the app or the website to a TV via chromecast or similar. Lucas Oil Racing TV and many other carriers (even ESPN) allow this and it makes things effortless. Sometimes, it isn't always convenient to hook up a laptop to the TV and keep a toddler out of the cords.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
2/11/19, 11:14 AM   #50
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wide View Post
My biggest complaint with FloRacing is that I am unable to cast from the app or the website to a TV via chromecast or similar. Lucas Oil Racing TV and many other carriers (even ESPN) allow this and it makes things effortless. Sometimes, it isn't always convenient to hook up a laptop to the TV and keep a toddler out of the cords.
I didnt have a problem casting with chromecast to my TV

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo TV