Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Granite City
8/31/18, 11:33 PM   #11
addictedtodirt

He and Bacon have been exciting.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/31/18, 11:53 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Wish I had gone there instead of Bloomington for the rainout!

9/1/18, 2:46 AM   #13
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Wish I had gone there instead of Bloomington for the rainout!
You know that old saying Ron, wish in one hand and s#!t in the other and see what you come up with first. After hot laps and just a little rework I thought the racing was pretty good, had the caution not come out with 3 to go in the feature I'm not sure exactly who might have won. The Phillips-Deigh 71p has found themself 1 heck of a shoe, watch him in the future guys & gals. On to Pevely tomorrow and the Silver Crown Sunday. Save travel to you all over the holiday weekend.

9/1/18, 3:26 AM   #14
Re: Granite City
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
You know that old saying Ron, wish in one hand and s#!t in the other and see what you come up with first. After hot laps and just a little rework I thought the racing was pretty good, had the caution not come out with 3 to go in the feature I'm not sure exactly who might have won. The Phillips-Deigh 71p has found themself 1 heck of a shoe, watch him in the future guys & gals. On to Pevely tomorrow and the Silver Crown Sunday. Save travel to you all over the holiday weekend.
McDougal has been very impressive and I hope he sticks around these parts for awhile. He worked himself up to 6th, then I didn't see what happened or caused him to pull off on the backstretch near the end. I was watching the battle up front between Courtney, Bacon, KTJ, and all the lap traffic. Good racing and nice facility. My first time there, but not the last

9/1/18, 8:05 AM   #15
miledirt

McDougal was something to watch first half of feature. Is Kokomo his home track? Being over in the STL area, I believe that was my first time seeing him.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, tirespinner
9/1/18, 8:30 AM   #16
illiNOISE

Great job by track preparer Bob Linieman to give everyone an awesome track last night.

9/1/18, 9:31 AM   #17
Babbfan

McDougal came up from the micros and midgets out of Oklahoma. Had a great year at the most recent Tulsa shootout in multiple classes. Now that he is in the non-wing, not sure where his home track is, anyone else that can shed some light on the subject?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/1/18, 9:40 AM   #18
SpfldMile

The track was packed too tight to start, but give credit where it’s due. They worked it, and it turned out really well. I’ve been waiting for a USAC sprint race for a while at Granite, and it didn’t disappoint. Thanks Tri-City!

9/1/18, 12:07 PM   #19
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 77
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbfan View Post
McDougal came up from the micros and midgets out of Oklahoma. Had a great year at the most recent Tulsa shootout in multiple classes. Now that he is in the non-wing, not sure where his home track is, anyone else that can shed some light on the subject?
The Daigh/Phillips #71P started the year as regulars at Gas City and Kokomo with Shane Cottle as the driver. Cottle parted with the team during Indiana Sprint Week and went into the Goacher #5G. Jason McDougal took over the ride at that point and has been running it since with the exception of one night. Don't know if this late in the year if McDougal would be considered to have a home track. The kid certainly can wheel a race car, indeed!!!!!!!!

Bruce Eckel

9/1/18, 12:18 PM   #20
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 77
Race Count Last Year: 85

As far as Granite City last night it started out slimy but they ran it into good shape by heat time. Report was the night before the track was rough from all the rain and was quite unruly. Tonight they erred on having it wet and cause delay in start of show but I would rather have it too wet than too dry. The heat racing was good and both the USAC and MOWA features were good even though the track did get slick. Good racing in the USAC feature among Leary, Courtney, Bacon, Thomas, Ballou, Darland and McDougal with McDougal coming from rear at start (flat left rear tire before start) and up to tenth in seven laps. McDougal got as high as fifth but dropped to seventh and went to infield on last lap while running seventh. Good feature!! The MOWA event was good also watching Paul Nienhiser bouncing off the walls and working his way through lap traffic with Brady Bacon and Jacob Patton chasing him. A good night of racing and I have seen tracks in Indiana this year that were slicker and much dryer than this one. Thought the track crew here did a decent job and produced a good track to race on.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: illinifan, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Granite City