IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > observation # 1
5/4/18, 9:22 PM   #11
btg1963

Thanks for the response Jarrett! I look forward to seeing you at Tri-State next week!

5/4/18, 9:53 PM   #12
MIracing

TMez has stated his 00 equipment is not USAC caliber equipment. There are also no USAC owners knocking at his door. If he prefers not to take a knife to a gun fight is that considered Cherry picking?

There are other drivers/teams with USAC caliber equipment and funding yet appear to do anything in their power to race anywhere accept a USAC show. I can think of one specifically who does this. I'm not here to call anyone out but in my opinion that's worse. Rather than race against the best competition and get better you try to find races where you can buy wins.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, cjm3535, luckybuc97
5/5/18, 1:29 AM   #13
flagboy55

I want to make clear that I didn't start this post to criticize any of the guys I mentioned. We all have to pay the bills and if this works best for them, as I said, God bless them. I actually don't mean to criticize USAC but perhaps that may where blame, if any, falls. I don't claim to know anything about the points fund, or contingency that's provided to teams, but perhaps it might need to be reexamined. If you have a race and the Throttle, T-Mez, and Jarrett choose to race elsewhere, 3 who I think are synonymous with USAC racing, there might be a need for reevaluation. Thanks for all your input.

4 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin, The Old Coyote, trannyman
5/5/18, 3:14 AM   #14
Re: observation # 1
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Pay less?
Do i detect a note of sarcasm?

5/5/18, 7:10 AM   #15
Re: observation # 1
gtownplowboy

If I owned a sprint car and was putting together a schedule to be competitive and keep the car on the track and knew that I wasnt going to run the full usac schedule,I would race where it made the most sense from a business perspective. I understand your post, but from an owners view I would race when and where it made the most sense. Just like the original outlaws did it in the 70s.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, PAW
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > observation # 1