IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn
6/30/08, 6:54 PM   #21
Re: New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn
SUPERDUKE
Banned

OK HOOSIERS!!!!!!! EMMETT HAHN IS NOT INVOLED IN A NEW MIDGET SEIRES!!!! SOME MORE BS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redflag:

6/30/08, 7:50 PM   #22
Heromaker

He will be before long

6/30/08, 8:09 PM   #23
SUPERDUKE
Banned

I talked to him today!!!!!!!!!!! He said noway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/30/08, 10:02 PM   #24
NumberOneOutlaw

This quote is from Tommy Hahn, Emmits son. You can read more about it here http://microoutlaws.ipbhost.com/inde...showtopic=8679

"Yes it is going to happen. The cars will run a Chevrolet motor that is being fine tuned as we speak. All the motors can be purchased for under $10,000. It won't be like the Ford focus cars with very little power. These babies will hum. The series won't kick off until 2009. We look forward to having a bunch of the micro guys crossing over and buying midgets. This series will be nationwide not just in this region."
Stay tuned for further info.

7/1/08, 12:46 AM   #25
okienonwingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
I talked to him today!!!!!!!!!!! He said noway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duke unless someone is talking as his son on a message board then I think you are mistaken. I have seen this on the micro-outlaws page as well as someone who has a daughter in oklahoma running micros. I have raced with him before and I trust waht he says about different classes.

7/1/08, 10:05 AM   #26
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Emmett had a meeting in phoenix last week about it and he said no way will he be involved! No ascs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/1/08, 10:51 AM   #27
prafan

OK, before this gets too far out of hand...

Yes, there is a project underway to develop an engine. We are VERY EARLY in the process - way too early to even TALK about who, what where, etc. Right now we are in the "proof of concept" phase - this is where we take the time to really find out what the potential for this new product might be. Until we have completed this phase, it is WAY too early to talk about possible implementations.

Emmet Hahn met with me in Phoenix on Friday. He and Fuzzy were very generous with thier time, and Emmet expressed a genuine interest in the concept. However, we both agreed that it is too early to talk about the other end of the business right now. We concluded the meeting on the best of terms and agreed to keep each other informed as things progress. That is as far as it went.

We have formed a new company to develop and produce this product. We are so early in the program that we do not yet have any public information available, but as soon as we have solid results that I can share with you, I promise I'll post that information right here. In the mean time, please guys, try to keep the rumors and speculation to a minimum.

Sincerely,

Keith Iaia

7/1/08, 11:00 AM   #28
Offy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Offy, you better check your stats as the ASCS Regional sprint purses are better than any of the IN nonwinged tracks, paying $1500 to win and $250 to start PLUS $100 tow if you don't make the show.
That's good to hear. It was $1,200, dropping off quickly, with $150 to start. $1,500 and $250 to start is a solid improvement:applaud:. I wonder how quickly it drops off now?

7/1/08, 11:05 AM   #29
Tony Barhorst

Hey,

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag on this!!!....I remember a slogan that was used in World War II...." Loose Lips Sink Ships"

Best of luck on this...but a better idea would be to reduce costs for midgets already produced via the rule book.

Adding my two cents...and two slogans...

7/1/08, 12:17 PM   #30
DonMoore10

Might see a snowball in July before that happens, Tony. :rolling:rolling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn