IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wolfe-e (Offline)
  #11 6/29/08 9:42 PM
I get your point Alky and understand it... Kinda partial to Sprints myself... "I was told by Mr. Marvel that its Sprints and Winged Sprints.... not non-wing sprints" I just want to get out the info... I think most of those on this board are just interested in seeing the Action Track survive and that means All Types of Racing... Successful Winged shows just help insure more Sprint and other shows... Failure with any class is not acceptable and those who do like the Wings deserve my very Best effort, just as the Sprints, Midgets and Silver Crown cars do... Heaven forbid, we may even get a Late Model show someday.... I hope that All of you enjoy racing at whatever track you attend this weekend, and I even hope you take a moment to think about what the 4th is all about.... Independence.... That means we can agree to disagree about anything we want..... even if Its Just Dirt!.........Happy 4th Gang.......wanna race...........Wolfe-e
Wingman (Offline)
  #12 6/29/08 9:47 PM
Originally Posted by Obie:
I don't think it's that no one cares. I know a LOT don't care, but a few of us do. I didn't answer here because I answered on a different post about the same subject. But here was my answer on said post. 'Wish I could be there @ the Action Track for this race but I've gotta save my money for Sprint Week' If this was a different date, I'd be there.
I beg to differ the WOO show sunday at haubstadt the reserved seats are sold out. Kevin Miller was just on Wind Tunnel talking about USAC needing a fan base. I had no problem finding a seat at the brownstown for usac show. Oh and by the way WOO is on every week on speed. I dont see usac having national coverage.
AlkyMadness (Offline)
  #13 6/29/08 10:07 PM
With wing or without, they are all sprint cars. Personally, I'll take either one. My preference is that it has to have a 410 (or a 470 hanging out the side). Someday, the 410's will probably be history but I'll deal with that when the day comes.

As far as dirt late models, if Terre Haute wants to have some shows that make money to support the rest of the offering, they should definitely have the late models. They need to be a part of the UMP Summernationals. A $10,000 to win WoO or Lucas Oil show would be great. I'd love to see them run at THAT and I suspect you would draw a great crowd.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #14 7/2/08 12:50 PM
Sorry guys, just doin my job for the track advertising the race.

Hope to see a few of you there.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #15 7/2/08 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
Sorry guys, just doin my job for the track advertising the race.

Hope to see a few of you there.
2 miles away ill be there even though its a Wang show
agar (Offline)
  #16 7/2/08 1:01 PM
the All Stars are there alone or are Mods with them on the 4th
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #17 7/2/08 1:13 PM
The ASCOC will be alone, there will be a couple of Mods doing some chase laps for demonstration
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #18 7/2/08 1:19 PM
Even though it is winged, I'll be there. Will the pits be in the infield again?

Frank Daigh
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #19 7/2/08 1:30 PM
Yes pits will be in the infield
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #20 7/2/08 1:30 PM
Originally Posted by agar:
the All Stars are there alone or are Mods with them on the 4th
JOE,
I WILL BE SITTING IN MY USUAL PERCH.:checkered: