IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chracing17 (Offline)
  #1 1/31/18 8:27 AM
Anybody hear an update yet on a schedule or classes?
joedirt (Offline)
  #2 1/31/18 9:18 AM
talked to him at circle track exbo and he said he would like to get in about 15 races this year but no particulars yet
jjones752 (Offline)
  #3 1/31/18 9:56 AM
I spoke with Jerry at the expo too; he expressed interest in running some Sprint/Midget shows and was intending to talk with Harold at Montpelier, I assume to try to coordinate schedules. Again, nothing concrete, still planning. Seemed like a decent bloke...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
RR>LR=LTO (Offline)
  #4 1/31/18 10:13 PM
If he paid $2k to win he’d send the non-wing world into a frenzy. I’d love to see someone buck the system. It’s not a coincidence that most tracks pay $14-$1500 to win every week.
It’s collusion. They all have an agreement. It’s a conspiracy to keep the racer poor.

People will more readily accept your ideas if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first! :thumb

When arguing with a woman: You must first throw out logic and common sense.
Benjamin Franklin :headbang
4 Likes: ballmerjosh, dshort36, speedbump, tmac39
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 2/1/18 1:22 PM
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO:
If he paid $2k to win he’d send the non-wing world into a frenzy. I’d love to see someone buck the system. It’s not a coincidence that most tracks pay $14-$1500 to win every week.
It’s collusion. They all have an agreement. It’s a conspiracy to keep the racer poor.
If racers supported higher paying shows there would be more of them. If you look this summer on any given Saturday, the race that pays the least usually has the most cars. That sends a message as to what racers want.
6 Likes: jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tspilly
rpedersen20 (Offline)
  #6 2/1/18 1:41 PM
The argument that if more guys supported higher paying races then there would be more is ridiculous. Track promoters are there to make a buck and so are the drivers. All the people owning the equipment are the ones who get crushed, and if I was a betting man most of the owners out there would race for a lot less. That's where the promoters have all the power. They know these people would show up for trophies just to see their stuff ripping the top and a driver doing things the owner personally would never do. Just spoke to one a few nights ago that said he didn't care what Kokomo pays he just wants to see his **** bangin the boards.

After many of his wins Stanbrough’s fans can be heard chanting “King of Indiana.” - quote from onedirt.com
4 Likes: Backitin, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, sp6967
RR>LR=LTO (Offline)
  #7 2/1/18 1:42 PM
It’s not a coincidence that all Indiana non wing tracks pay almost the same purse for a weekly show.
With the exception of paragon....
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #8 2/1/18 2:24 PM
And Paragon usually has the most cars.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART, ROSS
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #9 2/1/18 4:42 PM
Kenyon Midgets announced a show on Friday, Sept 7th.
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #10 2/1/18 6:12 PM
Boss winged sprints August 31.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.