IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 MSCS Schedule
1/3/18, 11:24 PM   #11
Buster51

Boss has figured out what racers want.I wish they had more shows in Indiana.

2 members like this post: the1jet17, tirespinner
1/4/18, 12:12 AM   #12
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster51 View Post
Boss has figured out what racers want.I wish they had more shows in Indiana.
This post was just a notification of release of Midwest Sprint Car Series 2018 schedule.
Please stay on topic. If you want to debate different series, please start a new thread.

1/4/18, 9:08 AM   #13
btg1963

Sorry folks, my mistake. I thought MSCS had a race at the ‘burg last season.

1/11/18, 8:42 PM   #14
Re: 2018 MSCS Schedule
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I am surprised the MSCS doesn't have more guys following this series. Not sure if it is a lack of a big points pay off in the end or what but you look at the payouts to win they have some good dollar shows if a guy wants to chase a series that is not to the scale of USAC. I guess in the end just too many races for guys to run with series, specials, and other events. Should be a good season in 2018.
IMO a lot of guys don't like to run the full MSCS schedule because of a few reasons:

(1) They race about 50-60% of the schedule at Haubstaudt and that track is a long drive for a lot of teams with a time difference that causes you to lose an hour coming home at 2:00 a.m. in the morning if you are heading north.
(2) The schedule has been adjusted slightly to allow more USAC teams to run most of the MSCS schedule. Some folks don't want to run against USAC teams on a regular basis unless they are entered in an actual USAC show or a special event.
(3) The double file restart rule is something a lot of teams don't like...especially at smaller, fast tracks like Haubstaudt. When you have 6-8 double file restarts in one feature, the chances are you are gonna get some stuff tore up just due to the fact everyone is trying to gain a bunch of positions on restarts.

We have ran every single race for this series the past couple of seasons (until our fire this past July 2017) and plan on making our comeback this year. We can't wait and we will be there to support this series as much as possible. Just providing some feedback for the question as to why they don't have huge car counts at alot of their races.

1/12/18, 3:26 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I don't like the double file restarts either, as it tends to lengthen the program with a lot of extra caution flags. As Aristotle once said, "Cautions breed cautions"!

1/13/18, 7:51 PM   #16
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

As a spectator I really like the double file restarts and moving the lapped cars to the tail. Makes for a lot more close finishes at the end.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
1/13/18, 9:43 PM   #17
Sprint63122

Makes no sense if the leader passes a car and puts him a lap down why should anyone else get a free pass especially towards the end of a race, whats next if the leader is within 5 car lengths of lapping you it will now be required for you to pull into the infield.

1/14/18, 2:13 PM   #18
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Makes no sense if the leader passes a car and puts him a lap down why should anyone else get a free pass especially towards the end of a race, whats next if the leader is within 5 car lengths of lapping you it will now be required for you to pull into the infield.
I like the double file restart. At the smaller tracks like Haubstadt especially. What fun is it if there is a yellow at lap2 a single file restart puts 18th on back a half track behind before they pass the start finish line at the next green. That’s exciting. Single file starts benefit the front couple of rows and penalize everyone else.

As far as lapped cars go keep them in line until 5 to go. If you are lapped at that point all you are is in the way. Give the fans a finish they will remember as exciting, not one where they complain about lapped guys in the way. Pretty simple.

1/14/18, 8:58 PM   #19
btg1963

I have mixed emotions about the double file restarts. On one hand, I’ve seen a lot of cars torn up during the restarts. That, of course, adversely effects all of the teams, but the low budget teams the most. On the other hand, without the double file, we would have never witnessed the awesome race last season on Labor Day weekend that saw Kyle Cummins come from dead last after an early caution to the victory.

1/15/18, 1:46 PM   #20
Rpracing1

Plus 1 for the Double file restarts!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 MSCS Schedule