IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals
12/8/17, 12:50 AM   #11
Re: No Belleville Midget Nationals
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
So USAC doesn’t sanction it. Why not have it anyways?

If the money is right, sponsors are on board, etc. You can still put on a show without USAC’s blessing no matter what the track.

BOSS routinely draws more cars than the USAC Sprints, been to plenty of shows where POWRi draws more cars than USAC.

Granted, I don’t know what the track’s situation is as far as finances and so on but it would seem possible
Have a big D2 race!!! Would be huge for those guys!

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/8/17, 1:36 AM   #12
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
Have a big D2 race!!! Would be huge for those guys!
...on the little track...! (Like the Foci did years ago)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/8/17, 7:04 AM   #13
TommyTipover

Stop the childish insults IndianaSprintFan

1 member likes this post: leftturnonly
12/8/17, 8:14 AM   #14
Backitin

One thing that race fans tend to have that racers don't ? They have thin skin, some race fans tend to remind me of the rest of the sorry world. They believe every comment and thought has to be sanitized, completely safe and clean. God forbid if you happen to say whats on your mind even if it is probley true. Sometimes you learn more of a person and a situation when they say whats on their mind instead of having to sugar coat your thoughts like you might be inclined to do on this site due to peer pressure.
By thinking first they mean polish it up so its politically correct and not a single feather gets ruffled. I say theres more truth in speaking what you feel, not what you THINK.
Last edited by Backitin; 12/8/17 at 9:51 AM.

2 members like this post: bobO, OnTheHammer
12/8/17, 9:16 AM   #15
IndianaSprintFan

I thought the BC slam probably could have been left out. I don't think there was a need to go there but to each their own

12/8/17, 10:17 AM   #16
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Last edited by GYATK94; 12/10/17 at 3:05 AM.

5 members like this post: erich45, Kydehart, miledirt, scottyCbus, Simon_says17
12/8/17, 11:46 AM   #17
teamfds

My children and I raced the Nationals for the past two years. We are a underfunded team from Colorado compared to some of the other teams. But, the people from that area and fans always treated us like family. I feel horrible for them because of the loss of this historical race. The race has brought them everlasting friendships and a large amount of economic growth. For 2018 we had planned on coming back to Belleville but not to race the other two nights at Fairbury and Beloit. Whatever the reason for USAC to pull out I hope to see it get figured out and this great race come back bigger and stronger than recent years. If this means the track needs to be shorter or something needs to be done to slow the cars down I'm fine with that. Last year 24 cars started the A main but less than 1/2 of them finished. Some of that was caused by mechanical failure but a lot was because of the minimum speed rule. The fans really didn't get to see the best show. I will be back if the situation ever gets resolved.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kansasdirtfan
12/8/17, 12:02 PM   #18
dsc1600

Midgets are pretty much dead on tracks larger than a 1/4 mile anyway, yet the Belleville has the history and the local backing to support a big time non-winged race.

Is it a terrible idea to have the 1st annual Belleville Sprint Nationals?

1 member likes this post: Bill Angel
12/8/17, 12:20 PM   #19
teamfds

The URSS has been running 305 sprints at Belleville during the Nationals.

12/8/17, 12:34 PM   #20
miledirt

IF... midget at Belleville, KS does go away, the Bellieville (IL.) Midget Nationals really would be good

3 members like this post: jdull99, oppweld, Task Force
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals