IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midget4 (Offline)
  #1 12/4/17 11:23 AM
Just saw on Facebook that Justin Grant and Sam McGhee are splitting up.
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #2 12/4/17 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Midget4:
Just saw on Facebook that Justin Grant and Sam McGhee are splitting up.
Yes, just saw it also on Facebook. I saw a few weeks ago that Max and Sam were going to run some of the WOO races in the beginning of the year. Maybe someone from the McGhee family can let us know about their future non-wing plans. Thanks.

Bruce Eckel
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
mike mcghee (Offline)
  #3 12/4/17 4:31 PM
Sam McGhee Motorsports and Max McGhee are teaming up next season to run an open schedule. The team plans on starting in February at Bubba with the All Stars then running with the woo through the western swing and possibly beyond. The non wing program is still completely intact and may run some miscellaneous shows Once racing starts back up here in the Midwest.
22 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, DirtHawk92, Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, kevincrum, Kydehart, luckybuc97, mc/rider, mlamb, oppweld, PIT CART, Racer1039, scottyCbus, tirespinner, turn4, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 12/4/17 5:35 PM
Originally Posted by mike mcghee:
Sam McGhee Motorsports and Max McGhee are teaming up next season to run an open schedule. The team plans on starting in February at Bubba with the All Stars then running with the woo through the western swing and possibly beyond. The non wing program is still completely intact and may run some miscellaneous shows Once racing starts back up here in the Midwest.
Good luck
7 Likes: Danny Burton, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Kydehart, oppweld, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Kydehart (Offline)
  #5 12/4/17 5:38 PM
Sad to see such a good combo split up, but good luck to both JG and Sam and Max. Ready for 2018 already
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #6 12/4/17 7:00 PM
Originally Posted by mike mcghee:
Mike,

Appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on what is happening with Sam McGhee Motorsports in 2018. Good luck to the team in their new endeavor and hope to see the #11 or #17 running some of the non-wing shows in 2018 also.

Bruce Eckel
9 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, Kydehart, mike mcghee, mlamb, speed bump, tirespinner
trannyman (Offline)
  #7 12/4/17 7:36 PM
Good to see the family working together,again.Go get em Max!!
4 Likes: bsmith8, mike mcghee, R A K, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 12/4/17 8:13 PM
I guess it's good news but can not feel great about it. JG is one of my favorites and from the get go Sam and him took off and won and ran up front.

Great to know the team will still be around and surely appreciate all the hard work, Time and $$$$ keeping one or two cars out there running for us to watch and for drivers to drive.

Thanks Mike for the info.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kydehart, mike mcghee, oppweld
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #9 12/4/17 10:36 PM
Bummed for JG.
Kydehart (Offline)
  #10 12/5/17 9:32 AM
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights:
Bummed for JG.
No need to be evidently. More big news dropping on twitter. Topp Motorsports