IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
GYATK94 (Offline)
  #31 11/23/17 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic:
But on the other hand they (Eldora) see that these drivers pay once & drive 2 to 3 divisions for 1 price. Has anyone drove all 4 since the All Stars have been added ? Bacon ?
Yes on Bacon. He's ran all four both years and actually finished in the top 5 in all four both times, extremely impressive. Tyler Courtney also ran all four in 2016 but not this year.
2 Likes: flagboy55, Kydehart
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #32 11/23/17 1:11 PM
Actually all five classes WoO, ALL Stars, USAC Sprints, Champ that Bacon has run

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: flagboy55, jdull99, Kydehart, luckybuc97, PIT CART
Dirteater (Offline)
  #33 11/23/17 9:53 PM
I agree of starting at 1100 or 1200 (noon) Hotlaps & qualifying. Take a long break to rework track. Nice break for food & drinks somewhere. Start at 7:00 for heats.!
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Robbie, stealth43k
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #34 11/23/17 11:14 PM
But Chuck I was talking about paying for 1 pit pass & running those classes. Though he payed 2 nights worth of pit passes he needed to finish good with WOO. Still walked out of there pretty decent for the weekend. Hell he should of had a mod ride too. LOL
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #35 11/24/17 4:02 AM
Like Funk said, I'm sure there's going to be a discount for crown teams on Friday. And if everyone is so worried about another racing expense, perhaps they look into another endeavor. It's not like your going to qualify and be banned from any other activities at the track. I mean where else would you want to be anyway? I know, the wing haters are drawing a bead on me already, but you get to watch the outlaws too. And while I agree that most winged heat races are pretty boring, the features are almost always entertaining, if it's not too fast for you
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirteater, dkdorkboy, gastown, GYATK94, Kydehart
beaner (Offline)
  #36 11/24/17 2:09 PM
Kind of hard for me to see any viable reason that SC would need to qualify Friday for the Saturday race in this situation. Hope the powers to be who made this odd decision reconsider and takes into account the SC Team Owners on this one. Common Sense time here.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Pat O'Connor Fan, WinglessLovers
racefan20 (Offline)
  #37 11/24/17 5:17 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Like Funk said, I'm sure there's going to be a discount for crown teams on Friday. And if everyone is so worried about another racing expense, perhaps they look into another endeavor. It's not like your going to qualify and be banned from any other activities at the track. I mean where else would you want to be anyway? I know, the wing haters are drawing a bead on me already, but you get to watch the outlaws too. And while I agree that most winged heat races are pretty boring, the features are almost always entertaining, if it's not too fast for you
The extra set of pit passes is the smaller expense. Motel rooms and food for the team is the greater expense, or fuel to and from twice. And flagboy, you say if they cant afford it they shouldnt be racing? Come on get real, there are plenty of teams running on a shoestring out there, if they werent there we would have some pretty small car counts.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
13 Likes: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, erich45, interpreter66, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, rmr6nm, tirespinner, trannyman
Dirteater (Offline)
  #38 11/25/17 1:48 PM
Some of you are grumbling about the extra night (Friday) cost. What about the trip to Arizona & Williams grove when MOST teams are based 4-5 from Indianapolis area. Really? Smh
ossuks (Offline)
  #39 11/27/17 9:33 AM
Best racing days to me are the very few that have a.m. activity. I love a.m. hot laps at Springfield! Back in the day the Hoosier 100, Winchester, and others would start hot laps as early as 9 a.m. Hard to beat a cool fall a.m. with the smell of racing in the air.

Saturday 9a.m. HL-Midgets, Sprints
9:30 Quals.
10:15 Track prep
11:00 HL Wings, SC
12:00 Quals
1:00 Open pits to spectators, have a big cook out, charge spectators for food and drivers eat free and have a big autograph party, probably even sell a sponsor. Clear pit at ?
6:pm Heats Midget
6:30 Sprint Heats
7:15 Wings Heats
8:00 Semis
8:30 Track prep and Pre race
9 :30 Midget Feature
9:50 Sprint
10:20 wings
10:50 SC
7 Likes: billw, dirt330, Dirteater, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan
dirt330 (Offline)
  #40 11/27/17 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
Best racing days to me are the very few that have a.m. activity. I love a.m. hot laps at Springfield! Back in the day the Hoosier 100, Winchester, and others would start hot laps as early as 9 a.m. Hard to beat a cool fall a.m. with the smell of racing in the air.

Saturday 9a.m. HL-Midgets, Sprints
9:30 Quals.
10:15 Track prep
11:00 HL Wings, SC
12:00 Quals
1:00 Open pits to spectators, have a big cook out, charge spectators for food and drivers eat free and have a big autograph party, probably even sell a sponsor. Clear pit at ?
6:pm Heats Midget
6:30 Sprint Heats
7:15 Wings Heats
8:00 Semis
8:30 Track prep and Pre race
9 :30 Midget Feature
9:50 Sprint
10:20 wings
10:50 SC
Sounds like a plan. Just do it.