IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Handicapping the Hustler
9/13/17, 4:18 PM   #1
Handicapping the Hustler
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Just for fun let's take a look at possible winners in descending order from 15 to 1. Not scientific just to see how it might shake out.
15.Jarrett Andretti- Overdue for a big win.
14.Hunter- Hopefully this hard charger can nail down this 40 lapper.
13.Darland-Maybe a different ride will be the Secret to the hall of famer extending his streak and scoring a USAC win at a track he has struggles with.
12.Boespflug- A win would make a great highlight to a season missing a signature win so far.
11.Windom-Not his best track but capable of winning for sure. Starting near the front would raise his odds.
10.Sunshine- He is hot off the Smackdown win and seems to be lurking up front late during most races.
9.TMEZ- " Have car will race it "Should be his business card.Now that he is matched with the potent CBR team look out.
8.MDC- Not sure they are running for sure or not. That being the case only rust from limited racing puts this hot shoe this far down the list.
7.Stockon- Not the year he was expecting I'm sure but never count him out here especially in a 40 lapper.
6.Bacon- Big time driver for a big-time race. Another long race contender.
5.C Short- Scary fast and always charging due for another big win here.
4.B Short- he's not gonna qualify well might run the B main but I will bet anybody who wants to bet he will be on the podium at the end of the night.
3.Ballou- He's gonna grind and will his car to the front any way possible. He is finally finding his way back to championship form of 2 years ago.
2.KT- Not much to say his domination and versatility this season says it for him.
1.Kyle Cummins- The man to beat especially lately. His spectacular two victories in his last three starts here give him the slight edge over this tremendous field of challengers.

9/13/17, 4:37 PM   #2
Re: Handicapping the Hustler
dirt330

Great list. Do you also handicap horse races ? Sure could use help with the 1 h.p. handicapping. I'll be cheering for a good finish by Brandon Mattox what a nice guy doing his best with a lot less. Will be traveling with my nephew from Ft. Campbell.Hope to see and meet my IOW friends.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, scottyCbus, streetglider
9/13/17, 6:09 PM   #3
ryan84

I'd love to see Cummins or Clayton win. But my dark horse is Donny Brackett. He is a great guy and does an awesome job with all the fans and especially the kids. He's also very fast here , especially at feature time.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld
9/13/17, 7:16 PM   #4
Rpracing1

Looks like you put a lil thought into that list. Would not change any position! 👍

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, oppweld
9/13/17, 9:20 PM   #5
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I like it,no clear cut favorite.Sponsors need be Thanked for increasing the purses in both classes!!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/14/17, 7:37 AM   #6
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I like it,no clear cut favorite.Sponsors need be Thanked for increasing the purses in both classes!!
Could not agree more. Thanks to all the wonderful sponsors who could be throwing their funds many other places!

9/14/17, 1:11 PM   #7
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

No Justin Grant or Sunshine? JG normally finishes in the top 5 it seems like at Haubstadt and Sunshine has been pretty hot as of late. Andretti qualifies great there but i'm not sure he can hang on for the long haul with the quality field of cars we'll have on Saturday. Would love to see it though.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/14/17, 2:01 PM   #8
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_says17 View Post
No Justin Grant or Sunshine? JG normally finishes in the top 5 it seems like at Haubstadt and Sunshine has been pretty hot as of late. Andretti qualifies great there but i'm not sure he can hang on for the long haul with the quality field of cars we'll have on Saturday. Would love to see it though.
List indicates Sunshine in 10th.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/14/17, 2:51 PM   #9
jim goerge

I like the list but for one thing I"d replace the Cowboy with Grant, Justin always runs top 5 at TSS. I really enjoy watching Clayton run but get real The guy hasn"t run but what maybe 5 races in 3 years and people act like he"s going to win against these guys on this list Sorry but I just don"t see it happening. If he would somehow pull it off you all will never hear from me again.

9/14/17, 3:16 PM   #10
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

16. Leary
17. Grant
18. Magee
19. Bland
20. Stanbrough
21. Karricker
22. Brackett
23. Malone
24. Farney
I agree Grant could take it all. I based my choices on frequency of participation and success. Most of the drivers down the list don't race here that often.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Handicapping the Hustler