IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2018 indiana sprint week scheduled for july 20-28
9/7/17, 4:50 PM   #1
Usac: 2018 indiana sprint week scheduled for july 20-28
admin

9/7/17 4:29 PM 2018 INDIANA SPRINT WEEK SCHEDULED FOR JULY 20-28

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...for-july-20-28

2018 INDIANA SPRINT WEEK SCHEDULED FOR JULY 20-28

Seven dates for the 31st annual edition of Indiana Sprint Week have been set for the 2018 USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car season.

The prestigious summertime tradition will have a familiar look with seven races in nine nights from July 20-28, 2018, featuring a slate of the top sprint car tracks in the Hoosier state.

For the eighth consecutive year, Indiana Sprint Week will begin at Gas City I-69 Speedway on Friday, July 20 before following it up a night later just a little over 30 miles to the west at Kokomo Speedway on Saturday, July 21.* The first weekend concludes Sunday, July 22 in the southeastern part of the state at Lawrenceburg Speedway.

After a two-day hiatus, the series returns for a final four-day stretch that begins at the Terre Haute Action Track on Wednesday, July 25.* Then, it’s off to Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville on Thursday, July 26, Bloomington Speedway on Friday, July 27 and concludes with the ISW finale Saturday, July 28 at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt.

The changing landscape on the racing calendar within the Midwest region opened new opportunities, instigating a change to a slightly later date in the month of July for ISW to create a better balance for the series’ drivers and teams during a busy summer stretch.

"We know this is a change for the promoters, our teams and fans, but we feel the need to take advantage of the opportunity to keep growing the event as a whole,” USAC Series Director Levi Jones said.* “We plan to carry the momentum we've built over the last couple of decades and make Indiana Sprint Week an even bigger success for everyone involved."

The tracks on the ISW schedule each include its own characteristics, ranging from relatively flat to high banks, from quarters to half-miles and from wide-sweeping turns to paperclip-shaped venues, offering a unique challenge to both driver and machine.

Indiana Sprint Week debuted in 1988, but first became USAC-sanctioned in 1996.* Since then, the event has grown from three races to seven and has become the marquee event on the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car trail that draws massive crowds and welcomes travelers from around the world, both driver and fan alike.

The USAC National Sprint Car division’s winningest driver, Dave Darland, owns the most Indiana Sprint Week victories with 18.* Levi Jones and Kevin Thomas have the most ISW titles with four.

2018 INDIANA SPRINT WEEK SCHEDULE:

Fri., July 20: Gas City I-69 Speedway – Gas City, Indiana

Sat., July 21: Kokomo Speedway – Kokomo, Indiana

Sun., July 22: Lawrenceburg Speedway – Lawrenceburg, Indiana

Wed., July 25: Terre Haute Action Track – Terre Haute, Indiana

Thu., July 26: Lincoln Park Speedway – Putnamville, Indiana

Fri., July 27: Bloomington Speedway – Bloomington, Indiana

Sat., July 28: Tri-State Speedway – Haubstadt, Indiana

9/7/17, 6:03 PM   #2
TBONE

No Kings Royal overlap...🏁🏁🏁
ISW fits in nicely between the Kings Royal and The 360/410 Knoxville Nationals...
Bravo to all who made this happen!

9/7/17, 7:55 PM   #3
Re: Usac: 2018 indiana sprint week scheduled for july 20-28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well this screws up our Jason Soudrette Memorial

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/7/17, 8:07 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Congratulations to Levi for a great job! Earlier this week I was surprised to see the Ocala dates announced, but to get sprint week out this early is just amazing. Great news in the announcement also. Gas City is still on the schedule. This will allow those of us who make plans early to start making them. Every year there are posts in IOW asking for sprint week dates so they can ask for vacation. This should more than meet that need. Again, great job!

9/7/17, 8:38 PM   #5
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
ISW fits in nicely between the Kings Royal and The 360/410 Knoxville Nationals...
Bravo to all who made this happen!
I was thinking the same thing with regard to the King's Royal comments. I'm beyond excited after hearing this announcement. I've always wanted to attend the entire week, but the King's Royal has always been a kind of tradition. That's not a problem any longer. Hope my employer doesn't mind me missing the week. If they do, I'll be looking for a new job!

9/7/17, 8:49 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well this screws up our Jason Soudrette Memorial
"Your"Jason Soudrette Memorial?
10 months away...

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 9/7/17 at 8:55 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/7/17, 9:50 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
"Your"Jason Soudrette Memorial?
10 months away...
I didn't say "MY" and just for the record. We held our club picnic at the track on this date. Which is now a NO RACING night as Sprintweek tracks don't run sprints against other sprintweek tracks.

I got no problem with the announcement. good to get it out early. But it does mess with some things and thats all I was stating.

9/8/17, 5:02 AM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
I, too, like how Indiana Sprint Week is now not going to overlap the Kings Royal/Brad Doty Classic week & weekend. What even made me grin is how the press release skirted the whole issue, but still made it sound like all of us fans are not going to be put out. I, for one, am loving this announcement.

Let us not be coy here. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more. Know what I mean?

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Kydehart, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/8/17, 5:46 AM   #9
GlobalSpeedway Tours

Absolutely love the early announcement. It makes organising our Global Speedway Tours Month of Money itinerary a cinch for 2018.

The Kings Royal dates are out, as are the Iron Man in Pevely and Knoxville and they all mesh beautifully together.

The Doty at Attica and the Don Martin at Lernerville should all fall into line. So now to await filling in the gaps to retain our 32 race nights in 39 days!!!

I do have a question for Levi though. Will the dates of Indiana Midget Week be released early as well? I'm super keen to know if USAC or POWRi's midget week will be first. I've got the 2018 Indy 500 itinerary to finalise!! .

I'm a happy Chappy though ....

9/8/17, 1:47 PM   #10
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I am so happy to know early too because I request Indiana Sprint Week off a year in advance so I revised my request and hopefully The Bob Darland Memorial will be the same so I can combine them into one trip! I also have a question for Levi.... Has it ever been considered to start Sprint Week at Haubstadt and end at Kokomo sometime? That would be great for a change!

4 members like this post: bigq11, dirt330, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2018 indiana sprint week scheduled for july 20-28