IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bommarito 500
8/31/17, 1:29 AM   #11
Re: Bommarito 500
jdull99

It was cool Ed said he is coming back next year too! (I was worried he may be done...). Only connection to SC@M ranks anymore...sure hope Boat "makes" it one way or another (...let's "judge" him after maybe more than 1-2 runs...)...Davey Hamilton Jr?...Jarrett Andretti?...Swanson? (by that some miracle...). Otherwise, any run by a Foyt car is always cool.

Now, I've never "complained" about a late starting race. It's ALWAYS nice when events are run when less is going on other places - no NA$KAR racing at all on Saturday...am JUST wondering the rationale on the later start tho? Seemed to not affect crowd and if anything some needed more time to get in! - it's always nice not having to rush to an event in the wee-hours of the morning and then sit out in the sun...plus, those of us that had it on at home, could go about our early days and then enjoy it in the later evening - altho I "missed" the start of the big fight (lol), having the race on in my exercise room until the last lap/interviews - it was good for me! lol. I was thinking maybe they didn't want ANY sun affecting the track or in the drivers eyes maybe?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: ronmil
8/31/17, 1:32 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I would have been happier with one hour earlier start, because the sun was not that much of a factor. I would not attend if it were a daytime race because there are no covered seats. My seats at Indy are in the Paddock so the sun is not a factor to me there.
I understand many fans were still in traffic trying to get in when the race started. Hope the success of this race and the problems created by the large crowd, for which the track wasn't really prepared, doesn't affect the success of future events. I haven't talked with the track yet concerning the positives and negatives of the event, but I intend to.
Would be nice to some of our short track heroes run in the IndyCar series instead of Napcar.

2 members like this post: dirt330, jdull99
8/31/17, 9:20 PM   #13
rj1

We left the track at 12:40am Central Time. I was driving to west of Indianapolis and got there at 6am Eastern Time.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/2/17, 12:34 PM   #14
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
We left the track at 12:40am Central Time. I was driving to west of Indianapolis and got there at 6am Eastern Time.
After making all my stops and getting a bath, I got to bed at 5:46AM(Central Time). It takes longer to recover from these all night drives than it used to, but I hope to keep doing it for several more years!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, dirt330, mc/rider
9/4/17, 11:36 AM   #15
Therealether

I heard the promoter wanted the entire race run under the lights

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, ronmil
9/4/17, 5:30 PM   #16
ronmil

My biggest complaint was that they didn't throw the red and have a complete restart after Kanaan spun on the parade lap. I didn't realize the laps were being counted until I noticed the scoreboard. I was really surprised at the way the start was handled. It would have been exciting to see Kanaan come through the field and have a chance for a win, instead of being down three laps.

2 members like this post: jdull99, Simon_says17
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bommarito 500