Re: Kokomo Smackdown tonight
Eating dirt

Who was doing the fighting?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/27/17, 12:36 AM   #13
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Tyler Courtney 1st from 8th, Tyler Thomas 2nd from 2nd, Robert Ballou 3rd from7th, Scotty Weir 4th from 13th and Dave Darland 5th from 15th. A few observations: Josh Hodges (74X) was a rocket going from 18 to 6th by lap 26 and then he and Bacon touched with flats to both. Tom Harris (from England) in the 5E looked much improved this week, won a heat, made the "A" but flipped on the front stretch. The last 2 laps (or last 2 or 3 times they tried to get in the last 2 laps) were absolutely crazy. When Tyler Thomas hit the wall on the first or second restart they had him come in for a safety check. He was the lucky one. Kevin Thomas Jr. apparently hit it harder and then turned over. Didn't see clearly what happened to Chris Windom on the back stretch. I am absolutely positive that social media will have a lot of mad people on both sides of most of each of the incidents of contact. A lot of it, most of it, or possibly all of it was just racing. In my opinion, all of this action just illustrates how important winning the Smackdown is to racers. This is a classic. Once again my hat is off to all the O'Connors for the great job they do. Once again they prepared a track which let the finest open-wheel drivers in the world showcase what they an do! Thank you!!!

8/27/17, 1:08 AM   #14
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Tyler Courtney 1st from 8th, Tyler Thomas 2nd from 2nd, Robert Ballou 3rd from7th, Scotty Weir 4th from 13th and Dave Darland 5th from 15th. A few observations: Josh Hodges (74X) was a rocket going from 18 to 6th by lap 26 and then he and Bacon touched with flats to both. Tom Harris (from England) in the 5E looked much improved this week, won a heat, made the "A" but flipped on the front stretch. The last 2 laps (or last 2 or 3 times they tried to get in the last 2 laps) were absolutely crazy. When Tyler Thomas hit the wall on the first or second restart they had him come in for a safety check. He was the lucky one. Kevin Thomas Jr. apparently hit it harder and then turned over. Didn't see clearly what happened to Chris Windom on the back stretch. I am absolutely positive that social media will have a lot of mad people on both sides of most of each of the incidents of contact. A lot of it, most of it, or possibly all of it was just racing. In my opinion, all of this action just illustrates how important winning the Smackdown is to racers. This is a classic. Once again my hat is off to all the O'Connors for the great job they do. Once again they prepared a track which let the finest open-wheel drivers in the world showcase what they an do! Thank you!!!
I feel for Tom Harris. Here's a guy that comes from across the pond a few times a year, ran well all week, had a good car, was in a transfer spot for the feature and ends up flipping on a deal not of his doing. Hope Mr. Harris keeps coming back, it's been cool seeing him progress.

8/27/17, 10:53 AM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
Yea track prep sucks. Again
I have to ask, what was so bad about the track prep? Tons of passing lots of close side by side racing. Guys charging from the back. I am curious as to what has been so bad.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 8/27/17 at 10:55 AM.

8/27/17, 11:37 AM   #16
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I have to ask, what was so bad about the track prep? Tons of passing lots of close side by side racing. Guys charging from the back. I am curious as to what has been so bad.
I have the same question, what should have been done differently.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, D.N.3, fish, flagboy55, PIT CART, rapid robert, tirespinner
8/27/17, 11:49 AM   #17
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
During the b main, there was 4 wide racing for 4th-6th place. I thought it was fantastic

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, D.N.3, fish, flagboy55, rapid robert, tirespinner
8/27/17, 6:19 PM   #18
BrandX

Who was fighting?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/27/17, 7:38 PM   #19
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
Yea track prep sucks. Again
This really did make me LOL. Your baby boy doesn't make the show so it's the track prep. Come on dude.

5 members like this post: bigq11, JEFFSTOY, rapid robert, tdt636, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Smackdown tonight