IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shady hill this weekend
8/12/17, 12:58 PM   #31
Re: Shady hill this weekend
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I know only 17 cars showed up last night; but that was some damn good racing. I've never seen a car run so high on the wall there. Track prep was pretty good. Hope a trend of Non-Wing Sprint Car races there continues because that was some decent racing. Next year maybe have Midgets & Mini Sprints on the card as well. on a good show at Shadyhill. As much as I may have been a bit critical of the track in the past; This was a good show on the track

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, flagboy55, Jerry Spencer, Kydehart, spicoli
8/12/17, 1:21 PM   #32
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Saw where Tyler Thomas was in the 17gp car , Does this mean Modern Day Cowboy will be back in the Burton 04 tomorrow night at LPS?
Yep both will be here tonight

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
8/12/17, 3:43 PM   #33
flagboy55

Nathan, I certainly have to agree with you. For the quantity it was a darn good show. Tyler Thomas was fun to watch riding the rim an even getting on the bike a couple times between 1 & 2. I have to compliment Shadyhill on a well run show. My only complaint is that more of us didn't support it. Hat's off to the track and teams for an entertaining night of racing. I will certainly return

8/12/17, 5:34 PM   #34
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Nathan, I certainly have to agree with you. For the quantity it was a darn good show. Tyler Thomas was fun to watch riding the rim an even getting on the bike a couple times between 1 & 2. I have to compliment Shadyhill on a well run show. My only complaint is that more of us didn't support it. Hat's off to the track and teams for an entertaining night of racing. I will certainly return
More of us would have supported it if it wasn't on a Friday and having to work till 5 being a 3 hr drive for us
Not bashing

8/12/17, 10:56 PM   #35
flagboy55

Walls, I as much as anyone understand the factors that preclude us from going to a race. I know we can't go to every one. But the crowd was an embarrassment for the quality of the show. It can't be much more than an hour from indy, and less from Kokomo, yet the turnout was sad. I'm pretty sure that anyone who attended left satisfied. I feel sorry for the promoter who tried to give us more of what we want. Even more sad for those who could have come and decided not to

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, spicoli
8/13/17, 10:55 AM   #36
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I know only 17 cars showed up last night; but that was some damn good racing. I've never seen a car run so high on the wall there. Track prep was pretty good. Hope a trend of Non-Wing Sprint Car races there continues because that was some decent racing. Next year maybe have Midgets & Mini Sprints on the card as well. on a good show at Shadyhill. As much as I may have been a bit critical of the track in the past; This was a good show on the track
I was also there and I agree. My hat is off to the promoter and I hope he keeps trying to run sprints there on Fridays. I will be there and will try my best to spread the word. Here in the Northern part of the state we need a regular sprint car show.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, tirespinner
8/13/17, 12:53 PM   #37
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Walls, I as much as anyone understand the factors that preclude us from going to a race. I know we can't go to every one. But the crowd was an embarrassment for the quality of the show. It can't be much more than an hour from indy, and less from Kokomo, yet the turnout was sad. I'm pretty sure that anyone who attended left satisfied. I feel sorry for the promoter who tried to give us more of what we want. Even more sad for those who could have come and decided not to
It was a 2 1/2 hr drive from Indy.

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, nathans1012, tirespinner
8/13/17, 6:47 PM   #38
Jerry Spencer

Hour and ten min. from Kokomo but all good roads and no 465 traffic. They did a great job getting us in and out, fans were great we even sold some shirts ( gave a few away to the little ones) at first I wasn't sure at first when we were told it was too wet to let us on the track, the owner now knows we could run it in faster than the push trucks so it was an honest mistake that he took care of. He is a great guy with a good crew behind him, when Joe Spiker buys a tee shirt and our dinner plus says thank you for showing up that tells me he is also a top notch man because he didn't have to thank anyone for racing away from his track, thank you sir. As far as the crowd we were disappointed with the handful of people but we still tried to put on a great show for them and understand how hard it is to get to the track on Friday after work as we deal with it every weekend. The track is perfect for Sprints and midgets would be amazing there. Big thanks to everyone that made this a great night of racing at a new racetrack. Please add this track to the list of must see in the future as you will not be disappointed. Food was well priced and really good plenty of parking for cars and campers so get there and support a guy that went out on a limb for open wheel racing.

Jerry @66j
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/14/17 at 12:32 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shady hill this weekend