IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
grantman (Offline)
  #11 8/3/17 11:02 AM
He is only one of many that needs a ride without money.
3 Likes: interpreter66, Kendall2020, TQ97
Nut'n but Dirt (Offline)
  #12 8/3/17 11:24 AM
Costs have gone up for racing. It purses have not. Without sponsorship it is hard to keep up. There are a lot more drivers than owners who can fund a team on their own. That is the state of racing now!
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, CRA91, dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Spencer, oppweld, scottyCbus, trannyman
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #13 8/3/17 11:28 AM
This is food for thought, Dave would like to go run B but I can tell you he is just as happy running the #40 this weekend at Waynesfield and his home track of Kokomo in Honor of his Dad, I like to think he has all kind of doors open to him so he is really not in bad shape as far as a race car driver that feeds his family by strapping in. Always just my opinion.

Jerry #66j
15 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, Eatin Dirt, EPSpeed, fish, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, scottyCbus, speed bump, spicoli, Wallsracing
progressive22 (Offline)
  #14 8/3/17 3:11 PM
So did Darland have a choice between Belleville in Grays midget and running the #40 sprint around home and choose the #40? Don't think Dave ran Belleville last year.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #15 8/3/17 4:17 PM
He ran the POWRi midget show at I-55 Pevely, MO during the WoO Ironman 55 last year. They went out and ran Jefferson and Beloit but skipped Belleville for Pevely.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
4 Likes: flagboy55, jdull99, jim goerge, tirespinner
Kendall2020 (Offline)
  #16 8/3/17 4:43 PM
Sadly most racing is now buy a ride deal.
revjimk (Offline)
  #17 8/3/17 5:08 PM
Best of luck to Dave wherever he races. All I can say is that he's got the BEST T-shirts! I keep telling myself to stop buying them, but the graphics nowadays are so good.... wonder if my $20... no $40, wait $60 will help???
trannyman (Offline)
  #18 8/3/17 5:30 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
He ran the POWRi midget show at I-55 Pevely, MO during the WoO Ironman 55 last year. They went out and ran Jefferson and Beloit but skipped Belleville for Pevely.
Maybe I misread or missing something but according to USACs result threads,Dave's name isn't listed for qualifying at Beloit nor Jefferson.Not that it really matters,but sometimes bad/wrong info is worst than no info at all.
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #19 8/3/17 6:22 PM
He said last year (2016)and DD was at Beloit , q 12th 5th in heat and 7th in feature he was also at Fairbury Ne
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jdull99, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
trannyman (Offline)
  #20 8/3/17 9:32 PM
Oh,my bad.I didn't realise the thread had moved to history.