IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington
7/28/17, 9:36 PM   #11
Danny Burton

B. Short

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5 members like this post: dshort36, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, ronmil, SPD 37, tirespinner
7/29/17, 8:55 AM   #12
Bill Angel

16 cars means 2 heats and a feature. On the other hand 32 cars means 4 heats a b main and a feature, almost twice the racing for the same ticket price. From a sprint car only fan's perspective 16 cars is sad and not worth a long drive and the cost of a ticket,it makes no difference why only 16 showed up. I'm curious why BOSS was able to draw twice as many cars than Bloomington at a track that isn't close to a metro area and only pays $1500 to win.

2 members like this post: Clydesdale, tirespinner
7/29/17, 9:26 AM   #13
Re: Bloomington
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Angel View Post
16 cars means 2 heats and a feature. On the other hand 32 cars means 4 heats a b main and a feature, almost twice the racing for the same ticket price. From a sprint car only fan's perspective 16 cars is sad and not worth a long drive and the cost of a ticket,it makes no difference why only 16 showed up. I'm curious why BOSS was able to draw twice as many cars than Bloomington at a track that isn't close to a metro area and only pays $1500 to win.

Well one. Bloomington dilluted it's field by having two classes of sprints. A 305-360 could make many features with a good setup NW.
Two. Four corner tire rule.
Three, it's a fri night track and hard for non locals to make

I feel the same way. Long Drives and and no matter how you look at it $50 bucks or much more if traveling to go to the races. even if the track only gets 20-25 of it you still got a tank of gas and four or five hours involved if not more. Under three heats, No Consi is almost not worth it. At the local track I know many of the teams in the other classes as well and that helps make a overall show. But if Im traveling a distance and know only the sprint's it can be disappointing.

Someone else posted they don't know many of them drivers. Well some of them are pretty darn good for the equipment they have. BOSS has PA drivers, MI drivers. Think one from WV. and Several OH and IN. Westfall, DD, Simon, Cottle, Smith, most know them, they've been around awhile. Fischesser and Owen, Midaugh, Gardner and others can put on runs, I expect Dickie Gaines to join tonight.

Come on down to Burg, Weather is perfect.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/29/17 at 9:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
7/29/17, 9:51 AM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well one. Bloomington dilluted it's field by having two classes of sprints. A 305-360 could make many features with a good setup NW.
Two. Four corner tire rule.
Three, it's a fri night track and hard for non locals to make

I feel the same way. Long Drives and and no matter how you look at it $50 bucks or much more if traveling to go to the races. even if the track only gets 20-25 of it you still got a tank of gas and four or five hours involved if not more. Under three heats, No Consi is almost not worth it. At the local track I know many of the teams in the other classes as well and that helps make a overall show. But if Im traveling a distance and know only the sprint's it can be disappointing.

Someone else posted they don't know many of them drivers. Well some of them are pretty darn good for the equipment they have. BOSS has PA drivers, MI drivers. Think one from WV. and Several OH and IN. Westfall, DD, Simon, Cottle, Smith, most know them, they've been around awhile. Fischesser and Owen, Midaugh, Gardner and others can put on runs, I expect Dickie Gaines to join tonight.

Come on down to Burg, Weather is perfect.
Gotta disagree with you Chuck, if you took out the BOSS regulars there would have been less cars than Bloomington, even at that there were more GOOD cars at Bloomington. Second the construction on 37 north of Bloomington is keeping cars and fans from making that trip from the north. One thing I do agree with is that the Racesavers have taken some drivers/cars away from the 410 class which I think was the opposite of what they had hoped would happen.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dshort36, tirespinner
7/29/17, 11:12 AM   #15
usac99

Boss has a open tire rule, hoosier RR $210.00 or American racer $ 180.00

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/17, 12:28 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Angel View Post
Agreed. With less than 24 cars, heats don't mean much...everybody qualifies

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington