IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS Posts
6/24/17, 8:41 AM   #1
ASCS Posts
Backitin

Dang for a nonwing site they sure do dominate the forefront of this site, especially for a series that no one here posts about. I know it was brought up before and was stated that the posts are sent in by the series.
I have to commend them for that, they do a good job promoting they're racing on a site where most don't care. If they do a good job here they most really promote hard on more winged orientated sites. Guess maybe that's why they are popular compared to what most people believe is way better racing, racing with no wings. Most everyone agrees once they actually watch a few races for comparison, 9 times out of 10 the nonwing races are way more competitive.

3 members like this post: bigq11, oppweld, PAW
6/24/17, 1:00 PM   #2
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Dang for a nonwing site they sure do dominate the forefront of this site, especially for a series that no one here posts about. I know it was brought up before and was stated that the posts are sent in by the series.
I have to commend them for that, they do a good job promoting they're racing on a site where most don't care. If they do a good job here they most really promote hard on more winged orientated sites. Guess maybe that's why they are popular compared to what most people believe is way better racing, racing with no wings. Most everyone agrees once they actually watch a few races for comparison, 9 times out of 10 the nonwing races are way more competitive.
I thought this site is called "Indiana open wheel" I did not realize it was "Indiana non-wing."

6/24/17, 11:15 PM   #3
k41l

Where in Indiana is Topeka and Amarillo? 😬

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld
6/25/17, 12:16 AM   #4
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I thought this site is called "Indiana open wheel" I did not realize it was "Indiana non-wing."
You're right, it is "open wheel". So as just an average fan help me to understand the "Indiana" aspect to the litany of posts? Not trying to be overly smart @$$ here but they annoy me too. Seems like most events happen outside of our border states let alone Indiana. So again, help me to understand the prominence. What indiana track(s) can I go see some of these drivers? What Hoosier natives should I be watching for?

AND LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR. The annoyance is not that an out of state entity running wings is posting on "our" site. The annoyance is the abundance of seemingly unrelated stories burying threads i was just in a day or two ago. IMHO it's overkill to the point of feeling like embedded unskippable commercials. Scrolling down beyond a story or two is no big deal but that's not what we're talking about here, is it.
I dont like to complain on here so i'd like to offer a solution to my annoyance. My thought would be that they get their own folder/ forum or the posts appear under a different screen name. One that i could choose to block if my tolerance gets too low. My .02 worth anyway.

4 members like this post: Hamby812, oppweld, rmr6nm, Stevensville Mike
6/25/17, 6:32 AM   #5
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
You're right, it is "open wheel". So as just an average fan help me to understand the "Indiana" aspect to the litany of posts? Not trying to be overly smart @$$ here but they annoy me too. Seems like most events happen outside of our border states let alone Indiana. So again, help me to understand the prominence. What indiana track(s) can I go see some of these drivers? What Hoosier natives should I be watching for?

AND LET ME BE CRYSTAL CLEAR. The annoyance is not that an out of state entity running wings is posting on "our" site. The annoyance is the abundance of seemingly unrelated stories burying threads i was just in a day or two ago. IMHO it's overkill to the point of feeling like embedded unskippable commercials. Scrolling down beyond a story or two is no big deal but that's not what we're talking about here, is it.
I dont like to complain on here so i'd like to offer a solution to my annoyance. My thought would be that they get their own folder/ forum or the posts appear under a different screen name. One that i could choose to block if my tolerance gets too low. My .02 worth anyway.
I agree with you 100%. I was just correcting the fact the gentlemen's statement that this is only a non-wing site.

They take up room on this site and only race in the Pacific Northwest. Who cares? If they want to post on here then they need to race closer to home so they appeal to Hoosier nation.

6/25/17, 11:29 AM   #6
jim goerge

I don"t read their reports and am wondering if I could use the ignore button on them?

6/25/17, 4:34 PM   #7
Re: ASCS Posts
revjimk

Its strange that they don't post on Hoseheads, which is predominantly about winged racing
Easy enough to ignore them....

6/26/17, 10:17 AM   #8
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I think the infection spreading, all the USCS posts as well. I don't blame them for trying, the best fans in racing reside here!

6/27/17, 4:56 AM   #9
Re: ASCS Posts
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I agree with you 100%. I was just correcting the fact the gentlemen's statement that this is only a non-wing site.

They take up room on this site and only race in the Pacific Northwest. Who cares? If they want to post on here then they need to race closer to home so they appeal to Hoosier nation.
Wrong. I will be attending an ASCS sanctioned event in Arkansas this Monday night at one of the best kept secrets in dirt track racing. Crowleys Ridge Raceway in Paragould, Arkansas.

Also, I surely find it interesting at the amount of b!tch!ng about winged posts being on this site. I do understand your frustration of having 10 posts on the main page wrapped up on ASCS/USCS but it is easy to scroll past them. But what I don't get is how people can say that because this is "Indiana Open Wheel" that tracks from other states need not be mentioned. All at the same time I have been able to read discussions about races in Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, and ohhh yeah, Oklahoma. Does that mean if I can find an ASCS tie in to Indiana then that makes the posts legit?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS Posts