IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auto Value Sprints Tire Rule
6/4/17, 7:29 PM   #1
hairracer44

Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints go to and open tire rule. I know its not dirt and they have wings but at least they are letting the owners and drivers decide what tire they want. I keep telling people, a track or sanctioning body telling you what tires especially all 4 is like a company telling you to run their name on your car without any financial backing. With some of the local tracks getting low car count an open tire rule could help put a few more cars in the pits on a regular basis. Look at the car count for most of the BOSS shows open tire rule and a small rule book.

https://www.facebook.com/avbbss/?hc_...ELINE&fref=nf#
Last edited by hairracer44; 6/4/17 at 11:04 PM.

6/4/17, 10:49 PM   #2
staggerman

Just a shame it took so long as car counts are in the low teens now. Just don't see it coming back

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
6/4/17, 10:56 PM   #3
treecitytornado

Wonder what kind of money NASCAR teams get from Goodyear or Indy Car Teams from Firestone? Never have really researched to find this out. I'm sure both tire companies help pad the point fund, etc.

6/5/17, 1:39 PM   #4
Re: Auto Value Sprints Tire Rule
Sprint8586

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints go to and open tire rule. I know its not dirt and they have wings but at least they are letting the owners and drivers decide what tire they want. I keep telling people, a track or sanctioning body telling you what tires especially all 4 is like a company telling you to run their name on your car without any financial backing. With some of the local tracks getting low car count an open tire rule could help put a few more cars in the pits on a regular basis. Look at the car count for most of the BOSS shows open tire rule and a small rule book.

https://www.facebook.com/avbbss/?hc_...ELINE&fref=nf#
IMO this is a step in the right direction. Now Must See and the other pavement organizations need to follow suit to help the racers AND tire mfr's out. Go ahead and mandate the compounds for each brand if you must, but be consistent among all groups and car counts should increase for all series. I know it would open up about 6 more races for me if there were no tire rules. The only consistent tire rule should be that you run the same RR for the feature that you start out with.

The Boss deal works well with no tire rules and is a part of why they get the good car counts with great racing. There seems to be no clear advantage from one brand to the other and you don't see teams putting on new tires every time they go on the track like we did in the 80's before any tire rules were in place. The need for tire rules has diminished greatly and the only one benefitting from one appears to be the tire dealers. The ones who sacrifice from tire rules seem to be the car owners (cost & track/series options) and the fans due to lack of cars at times.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jdull99, spicoli
6/5/17, 2:27 PM   #5
USSA

From the 2013 Competition Rules of the United States Speed Association, LLC, The Sprint Car Challenge Series presented by the UAW:

"Wheels and Tires
Competitors may use tires from any tire manufacturer that has notified USSA of their intention to supply tires to the USSA Sprint Car Challenge Series Built by the UAW.
1.1. The Tire compounds must be as specified by USSA in “Official Tire Sheets” or as amended in event entry forms.
1.2. A car must use tires from the same manufacturer on all four (4) corners of the car to be eligible to earn contingency awards."

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jdull99
6/6/17, 1:15 PM   #6
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

Nevermind..
Last edited by the1jet17; 6/6/17 at 1:17 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auto Value Sprints Tire Rule