IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bayless74 (Offline)
  #11 5/31/17 2:11 PM
Bob Frey and Bentley Warren in Neibel's cars won w/V6
THS (Offline)
  #12 5/31/17 3:14 PM
I'm guessing 4.3 with Chevy Performance or Brodix heads? Would the injection be a one off build for the head they are running? I know Chevy Performance offers an 18* aluminum head for the 4.3 but I would be interested in finding out more info on the injection set up. If anyone has more info please post or PM. Thanks!
kinser (Offline)
  #13 5/31/17 5:43 PM
All the engines in Nolen's cars were originally built at Niebel's. Bill Tranter is now building them. They are GM aluminum blocks. I don't remember which heads they have on them. Kinsler and Hilborn used to make the injection set up we used.
4 Likes: fish, koolaid89, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
kinser (Offline)
  #14 5/31/17 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tony74:
There are several different options on parts, I think every Nolan motor is a bit different setup. All based on GM V6 tho, one has Kinsler injection one has a GM TBI throttle body that has been gutted. No idea on block or heads but I'd guess Brodix? Cubic inch is probably in the 300-360 range
. I don't know if that is the same throttle body set-up that was on Nolen's silver crown engine. If it is the one that we built it is an old Holley carburetor with the ends epoxied shut.
2 Likes: koolaid89, tirespinner
Kendall2020 (Offline)
  #15 5/31/17 9:28 PM
Niebel won 6 little 5's
THS (Offline)
  #16 5/31/17 9:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info!!
Tony74 (Offline)
  #17 5/31/17 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by kinser:
. I don't know if that is the same throttle body set-up that was on Nolen's silver crown engine. If it is the one that we built it is an old Holley carburetor with the ends epoxied shut.
I think it was a ex-Kenny Irwin motor/car? Helped Brent Beauchamp at Little 5 a few yrs ago, no idea which car has that motor now.
2 Likes: Kendall2020, tirespinner
Baylands (Offline)
  #18 5/31/17 10:41 PM
Younger viewers may not remember that NASCAR Busch series(Xfinity) used V6 engines for years. Injection is readily available from Kinsler.
2 Likes: jdull99, tirespinner
Wizard 05 (Offline)
  #19 6/1/17 11:55 AM
We have one of those in the shop now..Needs to be freshened and then hope to put it into a NSTA Mod.
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #20 6/1/17 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Baylands:
Younger viewers may not remember that NASCAR Busch series(Xfinity) used V6 engines for years. Injection is readily available from Kinsler.
I remember the Goody's Dash Series, didn't that consist of 4 and 6 cylinder cars? You're right though, I don't recall Busch running V6 cars.