IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 2/13/17 11:27 AM
Here's wishful thinking for you. How about let the All Stars run themselves and go back to racing with USAC. That's what gave him the ladder to stardom anyway
6 Likes: bigq11, BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, oppweld
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #12 2/13/17 1:34 PM
We're down here in Deland right now getting ready to start watching the races at Volusia in a few days. I'll ask Tony what his plans are. I'll give him the IOW.com secret signal/handshake to let him know we are on the up and up.

To be continued....
5 Likes: interpreter66, jim goerge, mc/rider, Simon_says17, tirespinner
flatout (Offline)
  #13 2/13/17 1:50 PM
Originally Posted by artknepper:
nobody knows what happened, except for those close. its commonplace for drivers to race visiting superstars differently, feeling they have to prove a point, of sorts. maybe this was the case here, maybe not. i dont know. dont think chad would do that, but obviously tony thought differntly. tony loves to race, and for him to up and quit like that, makes me wonder if he has some kind of lasting effects from the ward deal, or his broken leg crash of a couple years ago. whatever the deal, i hope tony gets over this hump...
I wasn't there nor have I seen any video of this incident. Chad is one of the cleaner racers out there and has been around around a long time. I have a hard time believing he would be in awe of or have something to prove against Stewart. He's been in sprint cars for 20+ years and has raced against the best the sport has to offer. Just have to wonder if his temper got the best of him again.
3 Likes: DHayes818, jim goerge, trannyman
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #14 2/13/17 5:08 PM
Originally Posted by bobby01:
Tony's probably going to have unlearn those nasty Nascar driving habits and learn how to really race again.
I have faith he will figure out real quick.
This is what I think too. Father time catches everyone, add in some injuries, scaring accidents and less than top physical condition and it'll take some time to get back in the groove. Hustling a sprint on dirt is light years from reclining in a wallowing cup car. I'm sure he can still get it done, but it'll take some time to re-hone his dirt skills.
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #15 2/13/17 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by bullring:
It seems to me Tony should have all the officials in place that he wouldn't need to be the go to guy at the race track. They run most nights without him there and don't need to go to him then.
I know what you are saying about they have done it without him for many race nights. My point is Tony's rig was within 15 feet of the All Star trailer and we all react differently and with deference when the boss is nearby. I saw many All Star clad four wheelers pull up to Tony's rig for "conversation" from late afternoon until racing commenced. I just think dual roles can be a distraction to the focus and fun Tony is looking to enjoy.
oljonesy (Offline)
  #16 2/14/17 12:35 AM
tony..soprano said..never sh$t where you eat.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
cshuman (Offline)
  #17 2/14/17 1:46 AM
MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.
24 Likes: 2rock21, Bobv, BrentTFunk, brew96mm, captrat, Daddyz, davidm, erich45, HurstBros0, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, ISF, itsanonwingthing, jdull99, jim goerge, kcarm92, mc/rider, MIracing, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, sc17x, Tom23, turn4
jdull99 (Offline)
  #18 2/14/17 2:18 AM
Really wish Donny would talk him into Dirt LM racing...sure seems like the best fit to me...IMHO (only dreamed about being Tony Stewart since I heard he was running both "National" AND Western states USAC midgets in 1994! lol)

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Scooter (Offline)
  #19 2/14/17 5:30 AM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.
Very respectable
MIracing (Offline)
  #20 2/14/17 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
Aaron Fry has said the same thing about running BOSS.
2 Likes: kcarm92, Pat O'Connor Fan