IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schatz at the Knepper 55?
12/21/16, 12:47 AM   #1
Schatz at the Knepper 55?
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

I was hoping someone could provide some information. I was looking at the results for the Knepper 55 and didn't see Donny Schatz' name anywhere. I went back and found the entry list to see he was entered in the Clauson-Marshall car he intends on running at the Chili Bowl. Was he there, and have I just missed his name? I was also watching a CMR video on YouTube from the race filmed by Dave Biro, and it appears that the 15 car was there, but there was no footage of him on track. I figured this would be good practice for him leading into the Chili Bowl. Anybody know why he wasn't racing if that is the case? Just curious, thanks in advance.

If you feel tempted, please refrain from making some typical joke about the wing guys being afraid of leaving their winged cars. We've heard them all before.

12/21/16, 12:58 AM   #2
bmemmer

He was sick from what was posted on Twitter on Tony Stewart Racing

1 member likes this post: GYATK94
12/21/16, 1:00 AM   #3
Re: Schatz at the Knepper 55?
richie

Donny fully intended to run the "Junior Knepper 55," but did not compete due to illness.

1 member likes this post: GYATK94
12/21/16, 1:07 AM   #4
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Thanks for the info, guys. I looked at Donny's Twitter and didn't see anything, but I didn't think to check the TSR one. Wishing him luck at the Chili Bowl! It'll be my first trip to Tulsa.

12/21/16, 3:40 AM   #5
hoosierdaddy

the #15 midget went out and hot lapped, never seen it after that, we had audio problems with broadcast and never heard anything more about it

12/21/16, 7:05 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
the #15 midget went out and hot lapped, never seen it after that, we had audio problems with broadcast and never heard anything more about it
Sunshine hot-lapped it to make sure it was in good working order for Chili Bowl. They parked it after that.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, scottyCbus, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schatz at the Knepper 55?