IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > looking 4-word
9/18/16, 6:56 PM   #11
Re: looking 4-word
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
Winged cars aren't a "no-no" in my book. I'm looking forward to getting the best of both worlds! Anyway, the All stars are off Friday, so I'm sure several of their regulars will be running with WoO (Haud, Blaney, Kemenah etc.) However, the outlaws are running Lernerville Saturday, so none of their regulars will be at Eldora Saturday.
I already figgered that out, thanks, tho
Right, every kind of open wheel dirt racer, plus 2 sanctions of "wingers"....thats why I'm going... they should get NSL in on it too!

9/19/16, 11:48 AM   #12
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Back in the day Steve Butler could have done it
There's no where for him to cut though the infield! (Old IRP)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/19/16, 4:02 PM   #13
Stealth87

Heading down from Wisconsin for my first ever trip to Eldora this weekend. Literally cannot wait. I do have reserved seats, but was also thinking of grabbing a pit pass one of the nights to try and get a view from the infield for some of the races. And possibly hop around for different views. Anyone know how much a pit pass is each night? I did a quick search on the Eldora website and couldn't find anything. Is the hopping around during heats to see different vantage points worth it?

9/19/16, 4:13 PM   #14
mlamb

$30 Friday $35 Saturday for pit passes.

1 member likes this post: Stealth87
9/19/16, 4:18 PM   #15
bigsby

Anyone know how much it costs to get your camper's fresh water tank filled in the campground?

9/19/16, 4:45 PM   #16
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Heading down from Wisconsin for my first ever trip to Eldora this weekend. Literally cannot wait. I do have reserved seats, but was also thinking of grabbing a pit pass one of the nights to try and get a view from the infield for some of the races. And possibly hop around for different views. Anyone know how much a pit pass is each night? I did a quick search on the Eldora website and couldn't find anything. Is the hopping around during heats to see different vantage points worth it?
In my opinion, the pit pass is absolutely worth the few extra bucks. If you're only getting one on one of the nights, go for Saturday that way you get to see all four cars from down there. I'm not sure what your opinion on wing cars is, but watching them from the infield is mind blowing. You can't truly get a feel for the speed from the stands. Seeing that speed from the pits is amazing. Watching the non wing guys throwing it in the corners from the pits is also incredible. Every time I go to Eldora I always get a pit pass just to watch hot laps and some of qualifying down there, and it's worth every bit to me. Hope to see you down there on Saturday.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Wingman
9/19/16, 4:52 PM   #17
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
In my opinion, the pit pass is absolutely worth the few extra bucks. If you're only getting one on one of the nights, go for Saturday that way you get to see all four cars from down there. I'm not sure what your opinion on wing cars is, but watching them from the infield is mind blowing. You can't truly get a feel for the speed from the stands. Seeing that speed from the pits is amazing. Watching the non wing guys throwing it in the corners from the pits is also incredible. Every time I go to Eldora I always get a pit pass just to watch hot laps and some of qualifying down there, and it's worth every bit to me. Hope to see you down there on Saturday.
You sold me! I will be down there walking around Saturday!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/19/16, 7:43 PM   #18
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

I heard 2.00 a gallon . Don;t know if that was true .

9/19/16, 9:38 PM   #19
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
You sold me! I will be down there walking around Saturday!
Good to hear! Just a heads up, the walk to the pits can be a little tiring, especially if you're sitting in turns 1 and 2 as you have to walk down the front stretch, around 3 and 4, and then about midway down the backstretch. That's why I'm typically only down there for hot laps and qualifying. Anyway, I think you'll really enjoy it. Let us know what you think after Saturday!

9/20/16, 9:49 AM   #20
flagboy55

Saw on twitter this morning besides the Mr Bacon, Sunshine will be competing in all 4 classes Saturday night, I wish them both all the luck in the world! I love the double and triple and quadruple duty driver. Hopefully we get a few more of the sprint guys running both. I can't wait!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > looking 4-word