IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ScottLimbert (Offline)
  #21 6/8/08 12:40 AM
that was a great race but the stream off on indycar.com only showed the leader all night and it sounded like there was quite a bit of dicing in the pack. speaking of the pack what does Vitor have to do to win one of these things
aceace
  #22 6/8/08 9:08 AM
I watched it live on the internet... who needs ESPN. I also wrote ESPN a letter courtesy of a link I found on the isitMayyet website. It would help for the future if all of you did the same

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/...contact/espntv
Seadog (Offline)
  #23 6/8/08 9:21 AM
Originally Posted by aceace:
I watched it live on the internet... who needs ESPN. I also wrote ESPN a letter courtesy of a link I found on the isitMayyet website. It would help for the future if all of you did the same

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/...contact/espntv
You said it all. TV is so yesterday. The net is the wave of the future. I watched it live on the net while I had the sound live from 1070 The Fan on.

Disney family of networks really stinks.:moon:
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #24 6/8/08 9:26 AM
I watched it off my TiVo even later than the ESPN delay, so by the time it was over, I was half asleep. Did they ever say what caused the 3rd-from-last yellow? And, is the guy who crashed before Marco & H-R OK? I never heard about him, either.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #25 6/8/08 9:28 AM
I watched the race the same way as we did through the party years of the 80's which requires you to be in the garage with the sound off on the tv, music on the stereo, and BEER in hand. :wink I thought it was a good race, to bad the crash happened at the end cause those last laps would have been something with those three guys battling. :Steer
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #26 6/8/08 10:15 AM
Hey, Tim, I watched it the same way you did. Except I had a beer in both hands. Entertaining race. I wish Hunter-Reay and Andretti wouldn't have wrecked, it would have been a great finish. I think H-R was the fastest car at the end, he needs to learn a little more patience. As far as the GWC, sometimes it does cheat the better car, sometimes it doesn't. We all like to see races finish under green, but I don't think that is a perfect solution either. Just wait until one of the golden boys runs out of fuel waiting to run those extra laps.
wbr (Offline)
  #27 6/8/08 11:46 AM
I was patiently waiting for the race to start and watched the nascar race to kill time. I must have been getting a beer when all the exciting passing took place because I sure missed seeing it.:kookoo The IRL being delayed wasn't that big a deal to me, I stayed off the internet and news channels so the finish wouldn't be ruined for me. I love INDY but Texas is right up there too.

"Indy cars at Texas is like flying F-16's in the (RCA) Hoosierdome":checkered:
aceace
  #28 6/8/08 1:27 PM
I hate the GWC finish, why penalize a team. If they ever decide to do this, they should allow all the cars to pit for fuel only. No tires or wing adjustments. and maintain their positions, hold them in the pits till track cleanup is finished.
grrob24
  #29 6/8/08 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tyler:
Yes, I do normally watch the IRL races, and yes, I did watch this race.

Marco ran 3 wide on the top for a few laps and cleared them, other then that it was a pass here and their. It was definetly more exciting then the average Indy Car Race which is follow the leader for the most part, but still nothing near the average NASCAR race.

Cheating the winner out of the race? I'd lean closer to the winner being cheated into the win with the stupidity behind the rule. Fans pay money to watch a race. They pay money to watch a good finish, fans go to a race in hopes of having an exciting finish? Now is having cars wreck with 5 laps to go thus causing the leader at the time to win the race guarenteeing fans an exciting finish?

Lucky Dog? Well, I guess that could help with the problem of only 6 cars on the lead lap at the conclusion of half the races.

Tyler I think you're on the wrong forum
Motormasher (Offline)
  #30 6/8/08 11:35 PM
IRL SUCKS! I like how they had to have 10 laps of yellow for a broken mirror laying on the track at Indy and them not let the car go back out on the track until he put a mirror back on????? :thumbsdown: On an open wheel race car??????? What the heck has that got to do with racing?
Sprint car racing is where the REAL Drivers are at. Still going fast as ever without someone trying to change all the rules. :checkered: