IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boones Farm 50
9/12/16, 4:30 PM   #21
Re: Boones Farm 50
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
i remember that like it was yesterday....I was the flagman...I tried to do my best shipman, but I didn't have any ladies to slap around...I saw the video once...but being there was priceless.......

HAMMER THAT THANG!!!!!!!!!!:
The people who were there, its almost like something we all share that moment and it makes us all close, even when we don't see each other much. Hammer that thang! Classic

2 members like this post: throb, tirespinner
9/12/16, 6:20 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpedersen20 View Post
The bicycle race was held the following year in 2000. I finished 3rd and received enough money to buy a t-shirt. Kids from all over raced including Ronnie Gardner from Cali and some PA Posse kids. It was the beginning of many great friendships that still continue today. The other race that weekend was held on Sunday afternoon after rain caused a lot problems. It was won by Jay Drake in the Kunz mobile and had a terrible wreck to start the feature on the front stretch. Still one of my the favorite memories from that weekend was Ratboy destroying a lawn chair and eventually throwing it on top of the pavilion roof. Good times with a lot of great people!
RIP Ratboy

1 member likes this post: throb
9/12/16, 7:01 PM   #23
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. I might have indulged in a few bottles in my teen years.
I believe Strawberry Hill soured many, many people from ever being able to enjoy wine of any kind for the rest of their lives! Especially young ladies of that era.

3 members like this post: davidm, fish, tirespinner
9/12/16, 8:40 PM   #24
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
I believe Strawberry Hill soured many, many people from ever being able to enjoy wine of any kind for the rest of their lives! Especially young ladies of that era.
Thats funny.....

9/13/16, 1:50 PM   #25
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The people who were there, its almost like something we all share that moment and it makes us all close, even when we don't see each other much. Hammer that thang! Classic
the story is classic enough....I use that line so often that people who are in my life now know the story of how that phrase came to be. I use it all the time while teaching driving at the academy too....the recruits just look at me like im crazy....

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boones Farm 50