IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bigvee (Offline)
  #1 9/5/16 9:43 PM
After a battle with cancer Tom Fisher (Flat Right Rear) passed today Sept.5.
Mrs G (Offline)
  #2 9/5/16 10:01 PM
My deepest condolences for the family's loss. May they be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding them.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 9/6/16 8:13 AM
Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Charles Nungester
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #4 9/6/16 8:50 AM
RIP Tom.................
racegal (Offline)
  #5 9/6/16 11:08 AM
Oh no! So sorry to hear! Prayers going up for his loved ones. RIP

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
ronmil (Online)
  #6 9/6/16 1:05 PM
Sorry to hear this! Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Ron Miller
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #7 9/6/16 5:31 PM
That's real bad news. I was just asking Jim Goerges Saturday @ Haubstadt if he had talked to Tom lately, since I know he had visited him recently in the hospital. It's a big loss for the IOW family (he'd been here since USACFans) and also for Tri-State Speedway. He was a huge Haubstadt supporter. He was there for every race and I don't ever remember seeing that guy when he didn't have a huge grin on his face. He had a really good sense of humor, was quite a character and will be missed by a lot of people.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, racegal
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #8 9/6/16 5:54 PM
What a shame. I had no idea Tom was sick. Prayers for the family.

#9 9/6/16 6:19 PM
This one hurts.

Jerry #66j
jim goerge (Offline)
  #10 9/7/16 3:14 AM
Tom and I first met when I called his candy business about daughters swim team selling the Worlds finest chocolate bars and when we met I had a sprint car shirt on, lol we loaded the candy in my truck and then spent the next couple hours bench racing. We"d see each other at different tracks and always talk, I think it was at LPS when he said he had cancer. We didn"t see or call each other much I"d say that was my fault cuz I hadn"t been around anyone who had cancer before, and he always told me about being tired so I thought let him rest in his fight. Shortly after I found out I had prostate cancer and I understood what all he was talking about, We kinda started talking again maybe every couple of weeks just seeing how each other was doing, about a year and a half ago I remember him telling me was doing better while mine they chemoed and over radiationed me but it had spread. We hadn"t talked till a couple days before I went to Indy for major surgery and found out he was already at IU Medical Center so night before I visted him and we talked laughed cried for couple hours till he had to go for a chemo treatment, Next day he called checking on me several times and after that I hadn"t heard a thing from him my PM"s and calls went unanswered . I didn"t think much about it till at Haubstadt Jerry Shaw asked me if I had heard from Tom . I am so sorry I didn"t try harder to get ahold of him, least now he is pain and cancer free So long my friend
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, wildman92